Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.

I've had my Wald front lip for half a year now. I initially had it with 17"s and I scraped a lot with daily driving. As a side note I am dropped on Tein S-Techs.

I ended up getting some Tokico Illuminas and adjusted them to full stiff. It helped with the scraping a bit but I still scrape.

Now I just recently moved up to 18"s so theoretically I should have more clearance. However I find that I seem to almost scrape more with the 18s than I did with the 17s. Weird.

Any other Wald owners that feel my pain? lol

Its really starting to annoy the hell out of me and I feel like adding a thin layer of rubber on the bottom just to stop that annoying scraping sound..

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
The wald lip is really big. The only way to help would probably be to get different springs. Get some pro kits that arent as agressive or soft as the Stechs.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do like the drop that the S-techs give, the car looks good the way it sits. From what I understand the Eibachs are just a slight drop correct?

Has anyone added a thin layer of rubber to the bottom of their lips/bumper? Seriously considering doing that :lol:

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Ya it will only be about an inch. The Wald kit though is pretty agressive. I thinks its just something you are going to have to be extra careful about.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya I go slow on turns but yet I still hear that nasty sound. Its hurtin..

To me, its like hearing someone scratching on a blackboard lol.

Any other Wald owners experience this with 18s?

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
So it scrapes when you turn as well? Damn that just doesnt seem worth it if you daily drive the IS.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thing is, I just bought the Wald sides too. Really love the Wald kit (exception of the rear) however I am starting to think of perhaps selling and going a different route.

Yeah depending on the road. If there are slight inclines/declines in the road then I will scrape doing a turn.

It just seems to be happening a lot more now that I'm on 18's for some reason.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Yea..when I had my lip before I didn't scrape due to driving really slow completely sideways up a hill, yes there was honking and bitching but I could care less. But it was still on 17s on stechs, All I did was put painters blue tape all underneath, about 4 layers each week bc during the week the layers started to peel off ^_^

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Pics? shit i was going to comment just really angle going over dips ect but if your normal driving an your scraping thats wowz...

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea it can get pretty bad. I haven't driven the car in about 6 months until recently cuz of winter. Maybe I just forgot how bad it was lol.

Perhaps putting like Vinyl tape on the bottom would last longer? Couple layers of that should be good. Or even a strip of 3M double sided tape lol

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lol trust me. I do the whole angling thing. to the point its almost ridiculous. I am careful but sometimes its just silly how much it scrapes.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I think we all need some pics, just how low are you? i slapped on my wald rear lip for fun an im 0" gap with my stock rims an the tires in my sig below. it was low but i could manage, i have Tein SS though

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'll take some pics but I wouldn't really classify myself as being low.

Previous tire sizes on the 17s were 215/40/17 all around

Now with the 18s they are 225/40/18 F , 235/40/18 R

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
oh are you the slow driver that takes a year on dips and makes everyone honk at you for being so slow ^^!!

i always get honked at or passed for snaking..and im not even low..just a habit =Z

Reactions: jahnIS300

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
oh are you the slow driver that takes a year on dips and makes everyone honk at you for being so slow ^^!!

i always get honked at or passed for snaking..and im not even low..just a habit =Z
:lol:

Welcome to my life. Its actually quite embarrassing but I have no other chocie at that moment or else I will damage the car lol. I can't blame them for gettin impatient/upset. I'm sure I would too if I were in their shoes. I would probably yell out, "damn ricer...".

I hope they don't think thats what I am......how sad :(

·
Registered
652 Posts
I agree with you guys ..
I have Wald front lip as well and I have been scrapping all ova da places!
Sitting on stockies at this moment and .5 inch lowered, I'm considering adding a thin layer of rubber under the front lip as well, think I'll get on that pretty soon.

oh and yes i also take forever on dips and drive ways in/out of the plaza, I almost have to go side ways to avoid scrapping :(

·
Banned
1,414 Posts
If sparks don't fly, your shit is too high.... Words to live by.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I agree with you guys ..
I have Wald front lip as well and I have been scrapping all ova da places!
Sitting on stockies at this moment and .5 inch lowered, I'm considering adding a thin layer of rubber under the front lip as well, think I'll get on that pretty soon.

oh and yes i also take forever on dips and drive ways in/out of the plaza, I almost have to go side ways to avoid scrapping :(
Have some rep. I feel your pain :(

I'll snap a few pics just now and upload. Its not low by any means.. Maybe my shocks in the front are gettin worn down? They are still new though.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts