Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering, for the ppl that have installed this "invisible bra" how it was holding up so far. Is it a "do-it-yourself" project?

Also how is the quality of the film? Does it make waxing harder? Does wax get stuck on the edge of the film?

Whats the price on tis product?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Only had it for a few days, so I can't comment on how it holds up. My opinion is you should have it professionally installed. It didn't look easy watching it being done. But if you have the patience you could probably do it yourself.

The quality of the film is solid. It makes a nice dull "thud" sound when you knock on it. Nice and thick. And it's absolutely invisible on Silver. I can't even see it in certain light (including the line where it ends) when I'm standing right next to the hood. Once you back away from it, it's completely gone. I wish the factory would offer an option to have it cover the entire hood before it even hits the lot. It doesn't dull the clearcoat at all either.

Price for the hood kit was $100 and the install cost me $50. See xpel.com for more info.

------------------
Kompressor
`01 Millenium Silver IS300

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Hey Guys,
Do you know where I can get Scotchcal in Southern California (closer to San Diego if possible)? Or do you guys have a number I can call to find out?

IS300_white

·
Registered
341 Posts
Originally posted by is300_white:
Hey Guys,
Do you know where I can get Scotchcal in Southern California (closer to San Diego if possible)? Or do you guys have a number I can call to find out?
I ordered my kit from xpel.com. It took about 2 days to get. You can search by zip code for an authorized installer in your area on their site also.

------------------
Kompressor
`01 Millenium Silver IS300

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went through the xpel.com site, looks like the actual installation is similiar to tinting your windows?

·
Registered
224 Posts
I got mine through x-pel.com...there's also
stongard.com....looks good...you can wax on top of the film, and yes, some wax does build up on the edges..just clean it off when you're waxing. It's hard to see on the car unless you're really looking for it. I've had it for about four months now...No nicks on the front of my car, but I've gotten some high on the hood..result of our cars sitting so low. I did it myself, but if I was to do it again, I would have someone do it. The only really difficult piece to put on is the front bumper..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts