Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my GS 400 this weekend and it rocks. I confess it was a difficult decision to buy a 98 with 60K miles on it for the same price as a new IS b/c I love the IS but I feel great about my purchase. I had to have the GPS. I look forward to staying on this board and continue the fun and informative exchanges.

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Originally posted by brad:
Got my GS 400 this weekend and it rocks. I confess it was a difficult decision to buy a 98 with 60K miles on it for the same price as a new IS b/c I love the IS but I feel great about my purchase. I had to have the GPS. I look forward to staying on this board and continue the fun and informative exchanges.
Damn brad, how many cars do you have? Oh wait, I'm thinking of EricK... I think...

------------------
Tony
'01 Spectra Blue
'94 Turbo Miata

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
You can't go wrong with a GS400, which I know from my two wonderful years with the car (before I parted with it
)...Brad you got a fantastic car at a fantastic price.

Eric....

[This message has been edited by EricK (edited November 06, 2000).]

·
Registered
727 Posts
Congrats on the new car. Did you try to compare the insurance rate between the IS and the GS4? I wonder which is cheaper.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tony, I have the 53 Packard, 95 Pathfinder, and the 98 G4 but I'm selling the Pathfinder. I mean, come on, I don't have a mortgage but three cars? That's absurd. Mortgage next, then maybe a third car if I'm lucky.
As far as insurance is concerned I don't even know how much I'll pay. I suppose I will find out this week. Ugh...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Brad,

Congratulations on your purchase. I don't think you made a bad decision at all, I did the EXACT same thing 2 months ago. I had a dying '94 SLS, and I traded it in for a '98 GS400 loaded with Nav. Low 30's for a car with 53K and a 100K mile warranty.

Well, after 2 months and 3,000 miles, I am SO happy I went for the GS. Every day that I drive it I am amazed at the power and perfection. I really like the IS, and may get one for the wife, but the GS is for the perfect car.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's more than that. It totally simplifies your life, trust me. But if you live in the sticks and/or you don't go to new places, restaurants, bars, take any road trips, need gas or atm in a foreign place, need to know where the closest golf course is, alternate routes while stuck in traffic, etc., well, then I guess there's nothing to this GPS thing.

Originally posted by lhn5:
What is it with the GPS? What is it good for except to go somewhere you havent been to before?

·
Registered
626 Posts
Congrats. GPS kicks, I wish the IS had one. I leased mine, but when I am ready to buy, I will take your route. Good used Lexus at a great price!!! Have fun, enjoy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts