Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
wdskuk said:
Looks like there is a supercharger there. How much power does this thing makes
I didn't even notice that until you said that. It looks like it is on the wrong side of the engine though? The belts for the alternator are on the passenger side of the engine? :-?

·
Registered
31 Posts
More info on the tC

This is the new tC (don't tell Maserati or Chrysler). It's got some decent power too (159 HP 2.4 liter), the same engine used in the Camry 4 cylinder plus 2 HP! Pricing will probably be similar to the Civic Si. A look at Honda's website shows that the tC is actually sized right between the Civic and Accord Coupes as far as width goes, the Scion is shorter than the Civic Coupe though by a mere 2". The standard equipment list is pretty generous too! Could this be the next cool car among teenagers looking for something different?

Check it out:
http://www.scion.com/drive/gallery/drive_tc_gallery.html

·
Registered
924 Posts
The Scion tC's looks okay for a sub-$20K front-wheel drive coupe. According to my buddies at TRD, the supercharger adds a little over 40 horsepower to the standard 2.4 liter inline four. As to how soon the supercharger will be available after the tC's June 2004 release is anybody's guess. :wink:

·
Premium Member
8,072 Posts
I think that's the best looking car under $20k - though maybe it needs a spoiler. The autoshow info said "well under $20k" and 200 hp supercharged 2.4L. Pretty roomy hatch too from the pictures.

·
$lores amongst us!
10,675 Posts
Wxman said:
wdskuk said:
I didn't even notice that until you said that. It looks like it is on the wrong side of the engine though? The belts for the alternator are on the passenger side of the engine? :-?
Is this thing BLOWN?
Hey wheres my props, I noticed first :)

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
looks like a camry/bmw headlights, side looks like rsxish.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Cool looking car. You can definitely see IS styling cues in the front. Other than the lack of leather, the interior actually looks better than infiniti's. :)

If Toyota was willing to put in 3S-GE like the Altezza then we'd be in FWD heaven. :(

·
Registered
88 Posts
its a nice looking car but for $20k?? I thought maybe it wouldnt go past 13 even $15k fully loaded. As for the Is resemblance, I think the front looks nothing like it. It does have a lil hint of 5 series though.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Wxman said:
wdskuk said:
Look closely and you will see a long shaft traversing the engine just above the exhaust heat shield. There's a belt looped over a pulley at the passenger end of the shaft.

Pretty cool little car, but the front looks more like some of the recent Volvos to me than like the IS.

·
Registered
769 Posts
looks pretty nice. I see a lot of small resemblences to the IS. especially in the layout of things.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.