Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting new loaded 2001 GGP in 2 weeks. I've been reading alot of problems/issues with the car that are scaring me. I picked the IS over the 325 and hopefully I made a good choice. I love the car but now I'm worried about the CD changer, chipping the paint and bending the 17" wheels. Hopefully if I avoid pot holes and go over railroad tracks slowly I'll avoid the wheel problem. Anybody have the car and have NO problems? I'm trading my 5 year old Pathfinder which never had any problems for this car and I'm a bit nervous.

·
11,061 Posts
Well, the paint is the paint. It's soft and it chips. I don't spend a lot of time on the freeway, so I've been fortunate...only three little chips in 8 months. Some people have been putting X-pel hood kits on their car to cut down on that. Would only have saved me from the smallest chip though.
Only other problem I've had is with the driver's side door pin. It kept coming out. The dealer replaced the hinge and it's been fine ever since.
If you don't HIT anything, the wheels will be fine. Stay away from the curbs.
The CD player skipped twice, but nothing else has gone wrong...knock on wood.

·
Registered
40 Posts
got mine back in february.
not a single problem. no messed up CDs, no paint chips, and don't even need the ECU update.
i don't even have a door ding yet

·
Registered
82 Posts
If comparing the 325 and IS 300 in reliability. I really think you need not be concerned about your choice, friend.

Tread lightly,

<:(((><iest1

1 - 6 of 6 Posts