Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright guys, this has been bugging the heck out of me for quite some time...and as much as i want to bury the incident, i have to let out the embarassment...

anyways, i was stopped at a red while spotting an 01' sc430 one red-light behind me, checking me out...(geographics - after my light lies a stretch of about 2-miles of straight highway
)...obviously, it was time to floorit

green-light, i red-lined the IS to about 80, pedal was on the bottom, power switch on, trac off....

the little bastard 430 flew right by me. LITERALLY FLEW right by me.
I was hopelessly watching it pass...it must have did 0-100 in 6 sec, i sadly de-cellerated and weeped all night (not really, jk)

anyways, just wanted to share with you guys and see if any of you can make me feel better...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Nope...face it, I love my IS but these little cars are not very fast in their stock form...not yet at least. I think Lexus will eventually offer this car in a high performance edition(turbo, SC). Until then we'll have to live with it and suffer the humility of a loss here and there. But hey, our cars look and handle better than most so at least we have that going for us!

·
Registered
571 Posts
I wouldn't exactly call being beat by a $70,000 car embarassing so don't sweat it.
It's not like everybody thought it would be a close race.

If I'd have that same amount of money, I'd buy an M5 and rip him a new ahole.

·
Mod er 8 er
608 Posts
300hp v-8 vs 115hp inline 6
way too expensive and unavailable vs. affordable, available and fun to drive

·
Registered
31 Posts
it's all about the gs430.
that car looks so sweet. i don't raelly like the sc430's they look ugly imo. oh well though. that must've been a sight to see. i believe it's 0-60 in 5.9

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey guys, yeah...thanks for the comfort...

i figure the sc430 couldn't be that quick...but what about our stock IS? what do we do really without E-shift? is that 7.1 sec accurate? i don't know...

i'm going to need to start soaping up my stock....any recommendations?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Originally posted by w76:
hey guys, yeah...thanks for the comfort...

i figure the sc430 couldn't be that quick...but what about our stock IS? what do we do really without E-shift? is that 7.1 sec accurate? i don't know...

i'm going to need to start soaping up my stock....any recommendations?
SC430 IS that quick!! If GS400(now GS430, as you all aware of)can do 0-60 as fast as 540i, SC430 could top that by fraction of a second...

Andy Kuo

·
Mod er 8 er
608 Posts
Originally posted by triz:
Hey youthe one riding in that Auburn IS? Lexus_girl?
Wasn't me. Sorry 'bout the misprint. I was typing too fast again

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Nope. G4 is faster than SC430 except that G4 is electronically limited at 149 and SC430 is 150 something electronically limited.

Originally poste If GS400(now GS430, as you all aware of)can do 0-60 as fast as 540i, SC430 could top that by fraction of a second...

Andy Kuo[/QB]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts