Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
speaking of UH...what's up with their new logo??? well, i guess it's better than the rainbow...up here a rainbow means something else... :p

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
94 Supra TT/6-speed/HardTop
90 Integra
86 Corolla GTS (AE86)

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Originally posted by HyperMKIV:
speaking of UH...what's up with their new logo??? well, i guess it's better than the rainbow...up here a rainbow means something else... :p

Personally I don't care what everyone else thinks the rainbow is for.
The funniest quote about the new logo came from a girl in our school paper. It was blunt as hell. She basically said "It sucks." I don't mind it really. But it ain't nothin' great. I think the school has to much $hit going on right now. Hawaii got to much $hit going on right now. And that I Agree Christian movement was real annoying. They drew all over the sidewalks and everything with the "I agree with Audree" statement. And they stapled fliers everywhere. And were wearing yellow shirts. Thank you for pushing your beliefs down my throat. Apparently good Christians deface gov't property. Okay, I'm going way off topic b!tching and moaning here...gonna get this thing locked pretty soon. Oops. I will stop now. Sorry guys!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Looks like Lexus has finally seen the light. Did you notice that the rear end with the top up looks like a CL rear end. Lexus has finally realized who is superior(Acura) and is now trying to bite the image.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Is it me or does the new SC430 look like my Audi TT roadster.... especially the side profile... hmmmmm
Eric...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Has anyone heard an official Lexus price for this car. I see figures in some of the auto mags like $55-60 grand. I'm guessing is will be more like 70-75 thousand.

------------------

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Originally posted by ldye:
Has anyone heard an official Lexus price for this car. I see figures in some of the auto mags like $55-60 grand. I'm guessing is will be more like 70-75 thousand.
Well several sources have said that the SC430 will not be much higher than the current fully loaded SC400 ($63K). However, I'll guess that this would likely be the only lexus model in the current lineup to be marked up.... I'd be willing to bet the ranch on that, if I had a ranch.
Eric....

[This message has been edited by EricK (edited November 09, 2000).]

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I actually like it, a lot. I think it's sleek and refined...somewhat understated, yet classy.
With gizmos like topdown (hard top) temperature control, voice activated controls, a 300 hp engine, and much more, I think it'll be a great car for the money.
Watch out MB.

black/ivory
17"

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
I have seen this car in person and it is by far the best looking Lexus ever produced (IMO). It did not smack of copycat design in any way, shape, or form. You have to see this car in person to believe it. The interior is SICK it's so gorgeous. Let me tell you, it reminded me of a stinkin' Bugatti when I laid eyes on it. They hit the showrooms in March.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
I like silver, but don't like the SC430 in silver. It doesn't seem to work for it like silver on other cars. I really like the SC430 in that deep violet color on display at the NYC autoshow this past spring. It made the SC430 look much more elegant. So if any of you guys don't like the shape of the all new SC, wait till you see it in deep violet.
Eric...

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Bingo. That violet reminds me of the eggplant for Porsche.

Originally posted by EricK:
I like silver, but don't like the SC430 in silver. It doesn't seem to work for it like silver on other cars. I really like the SC430 in that deep violet color on display at the NYC autoshow this past spring. It made the SC430 look much more elegant. So if any of you guys don't like the shape of the all new SC, wait till you see it in deep violet.
Eric...

[This message has been edited by brad (edited November 09, 2000).]

·
Registered
727 Posts
I think the style is too derivative of other cars. The rear looks like the BMW's Z9 concept and 6 coupe concept. The headlights look like the MB SLK series. The canopy is ripped from the MBCL500. The droopy grill looks like it came from a Chrysler Town & Country. The basic silloute mimicks that of the TT as Eric mentioned. All in all a good design, but hardly original. I think this will go for around $50k. Although inital demand may add a sucker tax of $10k.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Originally posted by Chiphead:
I think this will go for around $50k. Although inital demand may add a sucker tax of $10k.
Traditionally speaking coupe versions are usually more expensive than Sedans.. BMW 8 series was more than the 7... Mercedes CL series is more than S... Lexus SC series was a little over the LS and will remain that way. There's NO way the SC430 will undercut the LS430 in price..
Eric..

[This message has been edited by EricK (edited November 09, 2000).]

·
Registered
727 Posts
I know that has been the case traditionally. Cars built for entertainment usually are priced higher than passenger cars. If you look at the competition like the Boxster S and CLK430 convertible, they are priced around $55k. I know Lexus likes to undercut the Germans, so I figured $50k.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
But Kota,
Keep in mind the SC430 is targeting the all new Mercedes Benz SL class due for the 2002 model year and not those cheaper models you mention... Suffice to say the SC430 will not be priced at $50K..
Eric...

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
I get the feeling you haven't seen this car in person. And I would be shocked if this car loaded up costs more than a loaded LS 430. It would have to top 70K and it won't.

Originally posted by Chiphead:
I think the style is too derivative of other cars. The rear looks like the BMW's Z9 concept and 6 coupe concept. The headlights look like the MB SLK series. The canopy is ripped from the MBCL500. The droopy grill looks like it came from a Chrysler Town & Country. The basic silloute mimicks that of the TT as Eric mentioned. All in all a good design, but hardly original. I think this will go for around $50k. Although inital demand may add a sucker tax of $10k.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts