Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey HEY hey

New future IS300 driver here. Lease expiring on my 4runna in a few weeks and may go into the local Lex dealer this weekend and purchase my new ride.

Question: for people rockin' SBMs

Whats the better interior in your opinion: the black or the ivory?

I am so torn, this is such a tough decision that I will have to live with. Of course, I can go with the Solar Yellow w/ Black but I am feelin' the Blue.

Lemme find out!

Train

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
yo yo yo

blue ish da bomb ish yo, word to ya motha

ivoreee ish hella hard to keepish clean yo
but it contrasteds neecly wit da bomb ish blue hue yo

black makes da kar feel darkers yo and ish not as hord to keepers kleen

ish up 2 yous yo, word

Car

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ey oh Don Corleone

Antagonism not appreciated. You've posted about 1000 times here. Isn't it about time you went out for a ride.

Train

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
hey im bored, i answered your question, albeit from the point of a 15 year old in a chatroom, but i answered your question nonetheless. my sbm/ivory gets really dirty really fast, the escaine/leather isn't too bad, although the dye from my jeans seem to like rubbing off onto the leather sections, turning my leather a nice blueish hue, and anything like the rubber/plastic parts on the door panels and seatbelt are a fat bitch to clean. a month after i got the car i was cleaning the inside and brushed my finger along the top of the car and there was a clean line, so i took a damp cloth and did a once over of the roof liner, the damn towel turned black. especially areas around the headrest base and seatbelt guides are a problem area as well. i originally wanted black but in cali black was not available with luxpackage which came with LSD so i had to get ivory, and i do like it better than the pure black dash...

car

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you. Cleaning up sounds like fun. I'm leanin towards black. Saw a used M3 at carmax the other day and the tan leather was just plain ugly after 3 years.

Train

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
I have ivory. I thought about black because the ivory would get dirty easy, but I wasn't comfortable with the blue/black. I've never seen it in person.

I suggest you see if you can take a look at a blue/black and if you like it, get that. The ivory is hard to keep clean.

------------------
Tony
'01 Spectra Blue
'94 Turbo Miata

·
Registered
537 Posts
I have SBM with ivory. I don't think it's that hard to keep clean. I should know, because I've got a 5-year old that is in and out of it all the time. We also have a Jeep Grand Cherokee with charcoal interior (almost black) and that is actually harder to keep clean. The dark color shows more lint/dirt than the ivory and makes dust on the dash more apparent. Neither one is terrible, but I'm happy I went with ivory in the IS. My only complaint with the ivory is that the brown from my leather jacket is starting to turn the driver's door armrest (the rubbery part where the finger pull is) slightly darker. I need to find a way to clean this.

I think the only reason that black would be easier is if you tended to spill a lot of food/drink in your vehicle. Ivory would stain worse than black, obviously. I'm a little particular about keeping my cars clean, so they don't get eaten in very often.

Rob

------------------
2001 IS300
Spectra Blue Mica/Ivory
LS, LD, HH, SR, 17" wheels
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
4.7L, QuadraDrive, UpCountry
Patriot Blue, Fully loaded

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
I'm with you Rob! I have the same problem. My dark brown Nautica leather jacket has left the same stain on my door armrest. I tried Lexol leather cleaner and that worked to a certain extent. When I take it to the dealer, I'll have them suggest something.

BTW: Spectra Blue ROOOOCKS !!
http://www.swift-racing.com/pics/cars/12022k/pic9.jpg

My only complaint with the ivory is that the brown from my leather jacket is starting to turn the driver's door armrest (the rubbery part where the finger pull is) slightly darker. I need to find a way to clean this.

·
Registered
73 Posts
A-Train..get the ivory man...That Blue on Black is terrible.....The ivory contrast is the best....And anyone spending $30,000 for a cars plans to keep it clean anyway..I have seen them both in person side by side driven them both and just felt like that ivory looked much better........But this is just my opinion...

------------------
2001 IS300
Spectra Blue Mica/Ivory
LS 17" wheels

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I own a black/ivory...love the ivory, but like Corleone said, it's a little harder to maintain. Plus the black looks nice too.
They're offering great deals, thanks to their december to remember event. I checked with my dealer a couple of days ago, and you can get a fully loaded IS300 for $413/month with a mere $2050 down (out of pocket).

Good luck

black/ivory
17"

·
Registered
154 Posts
A-Line

I’ve had the ivory and the contrast is perfect. When I sat in he BlueIvory for the first time I was sold. I checked out every other color combo and the blueivory was simply the best. I had the car for about 2 months before completely totaling it. In those two short months, the inside was getting kinda dirty really quick. Like Don said, not the ecsaine but the actual leather gets stained quick. I had the car for 2 months and it started to worry me on how it would look in 3 years.

So I get a second car, in Spectra Blue mica of course, but this time with the Black interior. Don's on point about it blacking out your car but to be honest, I'm beginning to like it more than the ivory. It really does have a different feel. There are little things about the black that I am really starting to like, for example, I think it goes better dash and console, but hey, its just my opinion.

Those are my views but it's way too personal of a question, get what you want, hell, you're the one driving it.

Flava

------------------
Straight up in my 01'BlueMicaBlack

All Flava

·
11,061 Posts
I have the SBM with black. Might have gotten the ivory if it had been on the lot...but it would have been a pain to keep clean. If you want the LSD I think that only comes with ivory interiors...

·
Registered
20,481 Posts
What's with these people asking what color IS or what car they should get. They are going to decide this based on other people's opinion? Everyone has their own taste just pick a damn color and go with it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts