·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
nice pics..thanks for sharing..

and wow, thats odd, why didnt lexus put the darn clock above the air controls? :lol:

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Wow, that is odd.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Still can't get over that huge gap. :flee:

And the green-LED clock reading really kills the atmosphere when all other LEDs are so cool and bluish white. Sigh.:duh:

Nice pics though. Good job!:)

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
huge gap is because of the AWD system and small 17's... ;)

the IS350 sits a little lower, and gaps are filled in with the 18's...

·
Registered
409 Posts
tsopranoMB said:
huge gap is because of the AWD system and small 17's... ;)
Yes I know that.:) It's just that I wished that all the new IS's are equally beautiful.:confused:

Just noticed this light under the mirror. Is it just for exterior illumination when the door opens, or is it a turn signal of some sort?

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
XeroK00L said:
Still can't get over that huge gap. :flee:

And the green-LED clock reading really kills the atmosphere when all other LEDs are so cool and bluish white. Sigh.:duh:

Nice pics though. Good job!:)

hehe. first of all the gap is there because it's AWD..it naturally sits higher (0.5-0.75") compared to the IS250 RWD.

Second the LCD clock is white in color not green. You probably need to fix your color settings on your monitor or something. :screwy: The only green color found in the dash are the buttons for the START/STOP, sunshade, steering wheel controls and a few other hvac control buttons.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
XeroK00L said:
Yes I know that.:) It's just that I wished that all the new IS's are equally beautiful.:confused:

Just noticed this light under the mirror. Is it just for exterior illumination when the door opens, or is it a turn signal of some sort?
Yes it's the same flood light illuminated entry found on the New GS.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
yeah , when unlocked they turn on... 99.9 % sure.

·
Registered
973 Posts
lol with that next to the other IS. God its so god damn ugly.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
good pics mario. when do you pick yours up?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Flipside909 said:
Second the LCD clock is white in color not green. You probably need to fix your color settings on your monitor or something. :screwy: The only green color found in the dash are the buttons for the START/STOP, sunshade, steering wheel controls and a few other hvac control buttons.
Ha ha...in that case, I guess I do need a screen color calibration or something.:frustrate

That's good news to hear though. Thanks.:)

·
Registered
305 Posts
what's up with the IS w/o the nav. that doesn't look like it belongs in a lexus. it looks like someone went to sleep when it came time to designing the dash w/o the nav. they could've still had a 4x4 touch screen similar to what they do on avalons and rx300 (w/o navs) that shows the radio and climate displays. all those stupid buttons is making bmw smart with i-drive. it looks to cluttered. i would never own a vehicle with nav but i might just have to go with one if i get the new IS.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
nice pics!

i really liked the headlight comparison picture...

DANG WHY COULDNT THEY GIVE THE IS300 AWD AND DUAL EXHAUST!!!

-Aaron +rep

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
tsopranoMB said:
nice pics..thanks for sharing..

and wow, thats odd, why didnt lexus put the darn clock above the air controls? :lol:
Thats Toyota
s new design thing. All new Toyotas Ive been in have the Clock down low.

BTW The MKII IS would be a BITCH to get an aftermarket system into.

·
Registered
221 Posts
XeroK00L said:
And the green-LED clock reading really kills the atmosphere when all other LEDs are so cool and bluish white.
Lexus does a really crappy job with the clock, why couldn't they just incoprorate it into the Nav screen. The $5 clock really cheapens the center console. And why do they need the H M 00 buttons, the GS doesn't have them.

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
timboIS said:
Lexus does a really crappy job with the clock, why couldn't they just incoprorate it into the Nav screen. The $5 clock really cheapens the center console. And why do they need the H M 00 buttons, the GS doesn't have them.
I can's really disagree with you but going by past models, every Lexus I've seen has the H M buttons.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Not digging the interior X:

It doesn't feel solid, it feels cheap and light, and plasticerish.

Even the current IS feels more solid than that.

·
Registered
47 Posts
AWD...WTF? Starting to remember how much fun AWD was in my old Audi Quattro Turbo Coupe. Now, I might have to trade in the IS300? Do they make an IS350 AWD?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts