Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new to the forum and currently looking for a dark gray IS300. I went to some dealerships on queens blvd in NY just to take a gander at whats available. I saw 2 Is300's one of them was a frontal crash, other one not so sure. The hood was replaced with a genuine Lexus hood. and I am guessing the whole front must have bin replaced to. I was amazed at how many crashed cars were up for sale being played off with clear carfaxes. I also saw some nice beemas for sale that were crashed. It's so hard to tell they are crashed I had to look deep into it. I am guessing the best bet is a privately owned, dealership or just to go to a dealer auction with a dealer?

·
Registered
387 Posts
or have an independat shop check the car out before you buy it?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hi, I am new to the forum and currently looking for a dark gray IS300. I went to some dealerships on queens blvd in NY just to take a gander at whats available. I saw 2 Is300's one of them was a frontal crash, other one not so sure. The hood was replaced with a genuine Lexus hood. and I am guessing the whole front must have bin replaced to. I was amazed at how many crashed cars were up for sale being played off with clear carfaxes. I also saw some nice beemas for sale that were crashed. It's so hard to tell they are crashed I had to look deep into it. I am guessing the best bet is a privately owned, dealership or just to go to a dealer auction with a dealer?
i have one of those available 66k auto/e-shift

·
Registered
83 Posts
whenever i buy a used car, i always get it from a dealer and with an extended warranty covered by the dealer. Before buying I'll take it for a test drive, take a look through everything I can and pull up carfax reports and anything else I can on it. That way, I can assure myself that the car is good when I buy it and even if there's a problem, I have my warranty to cover it :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts