Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NOT.

I was on my way home for lunch today and on I-4 ahead I saw a CL TYPE S, so I pushed the gas to catch up to take a better look at the car, since I had not seen that many on the road from a viewer perspective.

As I pulled up it was a Honda Accord V6. OPPS, oh well maybe next time.

Still love the looks and style of my IS300, very unique,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,281 Posts
they're actually very different...see them side-by-side and it becomes more apparent. cl's have a huge "ACURA" and caliper logo in the middle of the trunk lid. can't miss it. however, from the rear, the only thing that denotes a type s is the very small red, "type S" badge next to the 3.2 CL markings.

i will say the is300 is more of a head-turner than the cl-s, but i like things understated. i think the is300 would be much improved if the chromey taillights were an option, not mandated. my .02.

both are nice looking rides IMO
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No a guy.

Geoff, can you get aftermarket lights for the IS. I can see that look getting old. Good point!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,281 Posts
Originally posted by ISFAN:
No a guy.

Geoff, can you get aftermarket lights for the IS. I can see that look getting old. Good point!
i would imagine that somewhere out there someone will make a taillight kit for the is300 that isn't chrome, but i have no idea who.

i like the structure of the is300 taillights, just not the chrome molding. body color would be cool, tho
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
861 Posts
another thing i noticed (just a thought and my opinion) is that the cl-s from the FRONT looks like a Toyota Solara.. Anyone eles see this?? I noticed it yesterday after seeing the pic's here and seeing a Solara on my way home. but like i said just the front.

Martin

Black/Ivory IS300
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
571 Posts
erebunicorp.com sells tailight covers for the IS300. Once you paint them to match body color, it looks flush with the rear.

I'm neutral on how they look
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,281 Posts
Originally posted by Martin:
another thing i noticed (just a thought and my opinion) is that the cl-s from the FRONT looks like a Toyota Solara.. Anyone eles see this?? I noticed it yesterday after seeing the pic's here and seeing a Solara on my way home. but like i said just the front.

Martin

Black/Ivory IS300
the cl-s' front clip has larger lights and is more aggressive looking
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
219 Posts
Originally posted by Martin:
another thing i noticed (just a thought and my opinion) is that the cl-s from the FRONT looks like a Toyota Solara.. Anyone eles see this?? I noticed it yesterday after seeing the pic's here and seeing a Solara on my way home. but like i said just the front.

Martin

Black/Ivory IS300
and the rear looks like a chrysler. my opinion

------------------
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
15,322 Posts
Originally posted by vvtipwr:
erebunicorp.com sells tailight covers for the IS300. Once you paint them to match body color, it looks flush with the rear.
i dont want taillight covers, why waste money on taillight covers when electrical tape is so cheap? taillight covers are rice-ish, or at least tacky, that and i would not want anything by Erebuni corp...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
Originally posted by ISFAN:
NOT.

I was on my way home for lunch today and on I-4 ahead I saw a CL TYPE S, so I pushed the gas to catch up to take a better look at the car, since I had not seen that many on the road from a viewer perspective.

As I pulled up it was a Honda Accord V6. OPPS, oh well maybe next time.

Still love the looks and style of my IS300, very unique,
Hehehe That's funny. The FEW times I have seen an IS300 on the road, I always mistook it for a RICED up civic, or a toyota echo. The IS300 is a replica of the civic, Plain and simple.

I still love it though. It's fun to hear all the Pros and Cons of all these new model cars. Gives me some humor in my day at work.

Keep up the GREAT entertainment!!!!!!!!!!
(I have now, Officially become a new member here, aswell)





------------------
Acura 2001 3.2 CL-S
Miami, Fl.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
Originally posted by siLveR_iS300:
and the rear looks like a chrysler. my opinion

Better than looking like a Echo, or a civic!!!
Christler has a BAD A$$ new 2 door out. Forgot the name, but it was actually nicer than my type-s. The seats were plushier and it felt like a total luxury car. The shape and lines of the car looked great also. I used to DOG ALL DOMESTIC cars for their looks, but recently, I have been waking up and actually can appreciate christlers look.



------------------
Acura 2001 3.2 CL-S
Miami, Fl.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
262 Posts
The proper spelling is Chrysler.

Originally posted by Jayru:
Better than looking like a Echo, or a civic!!!
Christler has a BAD A$$ new 2 door out. Forgot the name, but it was actually nicer than my type-s. The seats were plushier and it felt like a total luxury car. The shape and lines of the car looked great also. I used to DOG ALL DOMESTIC cars for their looks, but recently, I have been waking up and actually can appreciate christlers look.



[/QUOTE
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
Originally posted by viggen:
The proper spelling is Chrysler.


I believe he's referring to the new auto maker based in Germany that's headed up by the controversial revolutionary, Hitler Christ.



------------------
"I'm just visiting from H/A.net. Honest, I won't start any sh*t!" :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
262 Posts
Originally posted by droideka:


I believe he's referring to the new auto maker based in Germany that's headed up by the controversial revolutionary, Hitler Christ.

There's a bunch of loonies in northern Idaho that believe Christ and Hitler are the same person.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
ONe thing i can say about Acura's is that there lines look good forever. I usually say frown upons hondas and acuras styling. But after a couple of months they start to grow on me. The type S is growing on me. It looks a lil better everytime I see it. The one thing that I really like is 260hp VTEC (all kinds of reasonable priced mods)leather and navigation system for 32.5k. That is an unheard of deal.

I hear some of you guys slandering other people because they got a competitors car. My question is WHY! That competition is going to make your next car much cheaper. I say to each his own.
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top