Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, not exactly. Driving home from the mall last night in Providence on I-95 when my girlfriend said, hey there's another IS, I like that color. I look over and see what looks like a bright red IS. Had clear tail lights and what looked like the IS's 17" rims. I told her that Lexus does not make that color red for the IS. Upon closer inspection in turned out to be a new jetta. No badges in back or front. Had the VW clear turning signals. I'll tell ya, if this guy puts an L and an IS300 on the back, a lot of people who don't know much about the IS will be fooled. Drove past him and he gave me a thumbs up. The car, in all honesty, looked nice and kinda looked like an IS (car did not have that heavy modded look like some IS wannabe's.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
This topic sent me over to vwvortex.com to see what is up in the Jetta forums these days...

Here are some interesting topics:

Supercharger kit to get 270hp from VR6 engines

"DeRailed" special orders

I assume that this is the sort of Jetta that you are talking about?: Modified 1998 Jetta Photos

There is a little bit of IS300 appearance there (similar size, similar roof antenna, similar chrome look to headlights, similar door handles, similar high trunk) *BUT* the Jetta looks very boxy and chiseled. The IS300 has a much more "sensuous" style to it.

[This message has been edited by TEG (edited October 12, 2000).]

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TEG, i agree. I know our IS's look hella lot betta than the jetta. Just saying that someone like my girlfriend could be fooled because of the size, shape sorta with the clear tail lights etc...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
ISisBEST
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing