Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
8ish, and we were there till about 1200-1215, cops never hassled us once. After that we went for a bit of a cruise.

·
Registered
231 Posts
dude i friggin love wingstop.... i'm so gonna start coming to this.... can't this weekend tho got a damn wedding to go to in east tx... but for sure the next one... how many people usually show up?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dude i friggin love wingstop.... i'm so gonna start coming to this.... can't this weekend tho got a damn wedding to go to in east tx... but for sure the next one... how many people usually show up?
Last week was the first one and pretty short notice, we had six cars show up, about 9 people. But we also decided on Thursday to see if we could get it going. We are trying to get some more people, its the same old same old...everyone says "I'm gonna show" and then at the last second they back out. We are hoping for about ten to fifteen cars this Saturday, under the hope that they each tell one or two people. None of us are all that concerned about being "liked", so we have no problem telling people to GTFO if they are causing problems.

·
Registered
231 Posts
word... well weekend after next yall better be there... or it'll be a 45 min drive to wingstop... lol... which is ok with me.... i love me sum wingstop lol

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This weekend, 04.12.08, I'll be there for sure. Trying to find out who else will be showing up.

·
Premium Member
11,398 Posts
As sort of an update on this...Rob and I talked and we are going to try and make this a solid weekly meet. I think Rob said it best in the first post with his last sentence..."Everyone and anyone is welcome, just don't act like an idiot."

Things we want...
-Many different types of cars
-Many different people
-Regular croud

Things we don't want
-People revving engines
-Doing burnouts
-Talking shit
-Other crap that will get the cops called

So spread the word to everyone you know. Like we said, other car friends are welcome so invite them. I'll bring my camera and tripod to the meet and try and get some decent pictures. That way if people don't come they will know what they're missing ;)

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
is that how early you guys meet up? I usually don't go to meets until dark, how long do you guys stay?
Right around 8:00 gives people plenty of time to show up, get a bite to eat, whatever. This isn't everyone show up at 8:00, and then we are out at 9:00. Last time, we didn't actually start rolling out till about 11:30-11:45 for the cruise. This way, people can eat, hang out, shoot the shit, whatever.

And Steve feels my sentiments exactly. I don't want a bunch of idiots coming out and trying to bring the idiot high schooler mentality. Don't do burnouts, dont blast your radios so that they can hear them across the highway, or anything else that will get the cops out on us. I'm just as much an antisocial deviant, but I enjoy hanging out with other antisocial deviants, I don't want a bunch of cops breaking us up. Don't start talking shit unless you can back it up. Lets try to keep this mature and civil, and I think we can have a really nice, regular crowd of great people who just enjoy cars. Once we get a decent sized crowd, I was thinking we might be able to put together a cruise (we can plan out some routes). Lets really make this a regular fun thing.

·
Registered
231 Posts
lol and i just read that thread about the random ggp guy.... just to clarify when i show up saturday with my ggp... that wasn't me! lol...

1 - 20 of 135 Posts