Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my 07 IS350 for 1 year now and just thought about activating the Sat radio. The Nav/ML system has a Sat button that is supposed to toggle between AM/Sat. When I tried to selecting it though I am unable to select Sat radio. Does anyone know if there is supposed to be something activated within the Radio/Nav system in order to select Sat radio so it can then be activated by XM?

2007 IS350 Nav/ML ISP wheel package

·
Registered
785 Posts
I have had my 07 IS350 for 1 year now and just thought about activating the Sat radio. The Nav/ML system has a Sat button that is supposed to toggle between AM/Sat. When I tried to selecting it though I am unable to select Sat radio. Does anyone know if there is supposed to be something activated within the Radio/Nav system in order to select Sat radio so it can then be activated by XM?

2007 IS350 Nav/ML ISP wheel package
Yes, you actually have to have a module installed. I believe the piece is in the neighborhood ofr $400 and installation is about $200 (I'm guessing because I got mine free).

Also you are not limited to XM. You can also get Sirius, although people at the dealership told me they had quality control issues with Sirius.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

I really appreciate the feedback. I kind of suspected their would be something that required a little extra money. That kind of makes me think I might not want Sat radio bad enough for $600 right now. Thanks again.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I may be wrong, but I don't think it costs nearly that much, nor does the price justify the amount of labor that is required (it seems semi-easy). I looked into this some time last month, and have still put it off, but it looks like something I want to do too.

Here's a real good guide I came across last month when researching this whole XM/Sirius satellite radio thing:

Part 1: http://my.is/forums/f159/xm-install-is350-ml-pics-332717/
Part 2: http://my.is/forums/f159/xm-install-is350-ml-pics-continued-332718/

Hope that helps!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.