Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I was just wondering if there was anyone out there that's proficient at working on IS300s or if anyone knows of a good reasonable mechanic. I've got codes p0171 p0174. Cleaned maf and throttle body with specific cleaners, changed new fuel filter, drained flushed, replaced coolant, new thermostat, new serpentine belt. Fans weren't coming on so I removed it and reinstalled it and they now come on whenever the key is inserted and stay on so I know I'll need to replace that.

I'm stumped and don't know what to do or where to go. Car starts and if it's cold will usually drive right away but sometimes either dies, or I'll Rev it few times put it in drive and it'll die again or if I rev high enough sometimes pull through and start driving or will falter until I get to about 20 mph. I obviously haven't been able to figure it out because it'd gotten so bad now most the time even when I Rev it to keep it on sometimes its not responsive and won't give any gas where I'm flooring it or others it will Rev fine and when I put it back I n drive start going. I just want someone legit to diagnose and look at it and hopefully be able to fix it without being something too crazy.
Thank you guys for any suggestions I'm tired of not having my car running well and last few days haven't been driving it as it's gotten so bad it won't even respond to the pedal and will just shut off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts