Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
POSTPONE, Please vote for a new date

After a new date is selected, I will post a new tread and use evite to co-ordinate the event

Gee.... I don't believe the meet has to be postpone despite we started to brainstorm it in December... :cry:

Dear all,

It is less than 4 days before for our San Francisco IS Meet. Enclosed the following is the proposed agenda, I have considered for those of you would might want to wake up late on weekends. 8)

2:00 pm Meet @ "Park & Ride Parking Lot" on 280 Black Mountain Road exit near Hillsborough(one exit after Highway 92 if you go Northbound)
3:00 pm Caravan via "selected mountain road" ro to Millbrae for snack or whatever...We can choose Quicky or McDonald... TBD
4:00 pm Caravan to GoKart Racer to do karting

Currently, we have 4 ISers has been committed to show up (Gee, where are the other people who have voted for Jan-24 :oops: )

They are...
1. al7ezza
2. scottschoe
3. benign
4. blueIS

I have also received further information from GoKart. They are willing to make reseravation for us in the weekend if there are 10 people go to race. They require payment for reservations and I will try to negotiate to waive that requirement. Since we currently have less people, I have much less negotiation power. If the meet turn out less people, we then have to arrive early and then sign up the next possible race where we could occupy the whole race.

The following is the proposed session for karting
Monaco Session $45
Monaco Sessions begin with 5 minutes of qualifying laps. Racers then line up on the grid, in order of qualifying, for a 15 minute race.

GoKart Racer is located at 1541 Adrian Rd, Burlingame CA
http://www.gokartracer.com

For those who cannot show up on time, feel free to pm me and we can exchange contact information and see where you can join the group.

I am sincerely looking forward to have a successful meet :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
go kart racer yeah

Hey all,
haven't seen any of you in a long time. I was actually at go kart racer the first monday they were open. Really nice facility, and really nice (grippy!) karts. We should try to go on a Monday, thats when they connect both tracks together :D

im in.

-Yang

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Haha, I suck too (but don't quote me on that cuz that just sounds bad :wink: ).

Please add me on the list of maybes...I'll know for sure after the first week of Jan.

-Jeff

·
Registered
6,231 Posts
I'm in SSF (Oyster Point) as I type this.
I found myself in burlingame last night (just driving around).. saw a few IS's.... also found myself in Brisbane??... somewhere around Cow Palace??? anyways...saw a MSM IS driving on Linda Vista Rd? Street? last night... just wondering who it was.... I was in a white Pontiac Grand AM POS. :lol:

Anyone wanna get together to chill? :chill: I'm here on a business trip, and it's been boring the last couple of nights. no where to go. nothing to do.

I'm here until Friday afternoon....

and again 29th-31st. :crazy:

·
Registered
6,231 Posts
xGuju140x said:
i think it was me where u in millbrae??
I saw the MSM IS on Linda Vista Drive in Brisbane (Cow Palace Area??).. the parking bulb inside the headlight was blue I think.. it stood out more than the HID's :lol:

anyways... I'm leaving SSF today, but will return in 2 weeks.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:D Okay guys... head to Asia on Friday... Wish you guys have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

By the way, we need a roll-call list so that we can reserve the whole block for our race in karting. Please response!

·
Registered
547 Posts
whats up everyone, hope the holidays were good.
I got some bad news, I need to get rid of my IS soon. I'm not sure if I'm going to sell it privatly and pay off the lease, or try to work something out with Lexus. If I work something out with the dealership, I will have a bunch of aftermarket parts f/s, pretty much all the stuff in my sig. Why am I getting rid of it you ask? Well, it's a long story. Maybe when my hot rod is done I'll come out to the next meet t say hi.
In case anyone is interested in buying an IS, check the f/s forum.
Later.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
deftones said:
whats up everyone, hope the holidays were good.
I got some bad news, I need to get rid of my IS soon. I'm not sure if I'm going to sell it privatly and pay off the lease, or try to work something out with Lexus. If I work something out with the dealership, I will have a bunch of aftermarket parts f/s, pretty much all the stuff in my sig. Why am I getting rid of it you ask? Well, it's a long story. Maybe when my hot rod is done I'll come out to the next meet t say hi.
In case anyone is interested in buying an IS, check the f/s forum.
Later.
:( Oh no deftones... 1st you decide to stop getting supercharger, then you decide to sell the IS!?! What a bad news for us! Anyhow, i forgot what kind of America muscle do you have?

Anyway, I am over in Taiwan right now. Trying to see if there is any toy that I can get for my IS so that I can show it off during the next meet :crazy:

For those who know me personally, let me know if you need anything....

So...are we firm our targeted "meet" date?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Guys and Gals....

A poll has been setup. Please choose the best date. Majority wins....

By the way, I spotted many IS300 in Taiwan this year...with one TRD mods.. I was on a crappy Mazda 626 and I can't pull my digi-cam quick enough to take photo. All IS300 in Taiwan has the parktonic device blend into the rear bumper...

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.