Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
6,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Now that several of us SD guys have our cars up and running... and looking great I might add. Let's get together to do a picture meet!

Looking for slammed or aggressive wheeled rides to be in most pictures, although anyone is welcome to join us.

I'm thinking of an evening or late night meet. Bring flashes, tripods, and any other goodies. I'm not as experienced at taking car pics as some of you here so I'm always looking to learn some ideas and techniques.

EDIT: Meeting Thursday night (2/25) at 8:00 PM at Miramar Speed Circuit. Meet by 8 if you want to join us for kart racing. Otherwise, come mosey on in and hang out before we leave for UCSD at 9:30. First destination will be the UCSD Gilman Parking structure. Look at post #74 for map.

8123 Miralani Dr
(between Arjons Dr & Cabot Dr)
San Diego, CA 92126
(858) 586-7500
Miramar Speed Circuit - hosting San Diego's best arrive and drive go kart racing, corporate events, team building, birthday parties, and more.

Still looking for suggestions for photo sites.

We'll probably head out to some UCSD parking structures at 9:30PM. And wherever else we come up with.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
thursday sounds good to me since my SSR wheels are going bye-bye on sat! so im down for one last shoot with my wheels on!

paul u still have my cell number right?

·
Registered
6,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine's not slammed or aggressive and it's dirty as hell..

can I join? :lol:
Sure :)

But we're counting on your flaking anyways :p

·
Registered
6,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thursday sounds good to me since my SSR wheels are going bye-bye on sat! so im down for one last shoot with my wheels on!

paul u still have my cell number right?
Doh...can't make it this thursday. Hope you'll still have some wheels on after Sat??

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
Mine's not slammed or aggressive and it's dirty as hell..

can I join? :lol:
+1

diegolex said:
Doh...can't make it this thursday. Hope you'll still have some wheels on after Sat??
:lol:

if it's at night, and it's late enough where both my boys are asleep. I can make it.
Are you guys available tonight? I'll be in SD, and will probably finish up around 8. Since it's a night shoot, our cars won't "look" dirty :lol:

Tim, if you have a garage, we can try taking care of your wheels. I'm off tomorrow, so I'm not worried about getting home late.

·
Registered
6,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No can do tonight. Have family in town. Plus the car won't be clean nor will I have the center caps on.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
ill have wheels, im just in the process right now of fixing the curb rash and repainting them silver....to me bronze on ggp just looks like a dirty rim!

they arent aggresive but they are wheels!!!!!! hahhaha

5Zigen GN+
17x8.5 +38
17x9.5 +38

should look like this when im done

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
I would be interested in doing this, I usually take pictures in the ucsd parking structure lol
You're the guy with the SY w/ VS-XX...right? I had the BO with the TRDish kit.

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
Rey, I have a 1 car garage but I won't be home until late tonight. and my car is garaged over at my parent's house in clairemont area.

Paul, how's the baby? getting any sleep??

So if we can set up a day and time, I'll try to swing by for a quick shot. I'd like to get some pointers for taking night shots also.

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
Yea thats me haha, check your pm if you want to take photos for tonight
Give me a call when you're ready. My car is dusty, but it shouldn't be too noticeable. I could always use the practice with my camera. Bring your tripod.

·
Registered
6,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Man...you guys are going to get together tonight? Don't make me go home and wash my car. :)

I need suggestions for location! I'm not sure we could keep a low enough profile at UCSD with many cars. Security is bound to turn up?

So will Thurs next week work for you guys!?

1 - 20 of 89 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.