Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get a bumper painted and possibly clear bra. Where do you guys recomend I go in San Diego are. Looking for somewhere not too expensive. Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Try SDCS. its near 32 base. I know the owner personally. I do all my repaints or anything for the IS only with him. SDCSonline.com and he has his email there if you are interested.

Reactions: JPLexIS

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats about 10 min away from me. Thanks for the help. By the way, I think I have seen your car around. Are you on auto parkway alot?

·
Registered
633 Posts
ummm. perhaps only on weekends you might have seen my car. i dont really drive my IS a lot. (only on weekends or when i go clubbing) i drive my 240sx through the weekdays if anything. if you decide to go to SDCS. when you talk with the owner. tell him mike (the one with a white is300 that is in the navy) sent you.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will do man. Im gonna stop by tomorrow since they are so close. Anyone else have any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I'll call them too. I still have my lip kit sitting in the garage needing paint. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Yeah I've heard good stuff about Amato's but theyre extremely expensive and usually have a waiting list.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ya Ive heard the same. I know they are probably the best in the area but Im not looking to spend a lot.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
A1 Autobody in Miramar did my ride but they are gone now. They have other locations; one in national city and another in oceanside. They did a good job with my kit.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Thats about 10 min away from me. Thanks for the help. By the way, I think I have seen your car around. Are you on auto parkway alot?
Do you work in Nasty City or something? I thought you lived up North San Diego. I need to repaint my bumper also but am about doing it since I have a DWP and alot of peeps had off color matches.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Do you work in Nasty City or something? I thought you lived up North San Diego. I need to repaint my bumper also but am about doing it since I have a DWP and alot of peeps had off color matches.
I live in the North County. Escondido is just about 10-15 min away from me. And yes I work in Escondido.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I can get a good deal @ the dealership I work at. The body guys painted my bumper and a couple of my buddies stuff... with a decent price too. PM me if you want more info..

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
I live in the North County. Escondido is just about 10-15 min away from me. And yes I work in Escondido.
SDCS is in National City that's why I was wondering when you said that you weren't that far.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
SDCS is in National City that's why I was wondering when you said that you weren't that far.
There is a SDCS shop in escondido as well though. Thats the one that is close to me. National city is way far from me. Haha.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
There is a SDCS shop in escondido as well though. Thats the one that is close to me. National city is way far from me. Haha.
Gotcha, never knew they had a 2nd shop.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Dude, i emailed these guys for a quote on getting a wald front lip and side skirts just painted. Mofo's wanted almost 700 hundred bucks... I'm sorry but thats not a deal... So you might want to try some place else or maybe you'll have better luck, if you do let me know...

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Alright for sure. Ya I emailed them for a quote and I havent heard anything back yet so I think Im just gonna call them up.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts