Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen more and more IS's in San Diego lately. Just saw a brand new SBM in Penasquitos and a brand new white one in Mira Mesa (I think that makes at least 4 in Mira Mesa). I was just curious to see how many SD IS owners post here and what part of town your in.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I live in Mira Mesa and have seen a few around myself. My neighbor up the street has a silver one and i've seen several silver and green ones around town.

BLACK IS 300
LSD/LEATHER

·
Registered
14 Posts
I work in Mira Mesa. The new white one belongs to a co-worker of mine.

If you see a Graphite Gray with a spoiler and chrome rims, that is me.

------------------
JeffD
2001 Lexus IS300
2001 Audi TT Quattro Roadster
1999 Lotus Esprit V8 TT

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
That's quite a collection of cars you have there Jeff.. Is it possible to see pics of your Lotus? I've always wanted one and they're so damn rare...

-Chris Y.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I live in South La Costa. Commute I-5 to I-805 to La Jolla Village Drive (I work a couple of blocks North of UTC). A silver one parks in my same lot, and another silver one is a couple of streets over from home, but I never see IS's driving around.

DID see a black this morning, though! Dayam.

I drive a SBM.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I work in Miramar area I have only seen one white IS around here. I have seen one auburn in La Jolla and two SBM in Claremont area but that is it. Still pretty rare in SD I guess...

------------------
SBM/BLK Leather

·
Registered
71 Posts
Originally posted by BLUEBYU:
I work in Miramar area I have only seen one white IS around here. I have seen one auburn in La Jolla and two SBM in Claremont area but that is it. Still pretty rare in SD I guess...

That makes SD and North County a good city for the IS to be crusin around in.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Teezin what color IS do you have? I haven't seen any _IS_'s in Oceanside area; so I'll know when I see ya

------------------
SBM/BLK Leather

·
Registered
125 Posts
Originally posted by mkaufman:
I know my SBM generates a lot of whiplash!
Did you get your SBM at Lexus Carlsbad? Is it the one they had with Ivory interior or were they able to find a SBM/BLK?

------------------
SBM/BLK Leather

·
Registered
242 Posts
I did get it at Lexus Carlsbad, but back in September. It's ivory, my first choice anyway. I'm more jealous of BLACK_IS 300's LSD! I might still be waiting to get that with blue...

What do you folks think of Lexus Carlsbad's Service department? I've ragged on them in previous posts, but hey, maybe it's just me they consistently screw up with?

I'm "Mr. Mom" next week and signed up to drive for my fourth grade son's field trip Tuesday. He is totally stoked! He gets to pick the two other VERY lucky lads that get to ride with Mr. Kaufman. We'll creep away from the rest of the SUV Moms' pack and show those boys a thrill or two :).

Hey San Diego IS drivers, have you noticed a large increase in CHiP patrols on the Interstates around town just recently? A pair of moto cops was enforcing on I-5 around Poway yesterday at lunch, and I just saw two separate cruisers going to and coming from the Morena Blvd. CostCo early this afternoon. Gotta stay on yer toes driving a ticket magnet like our IS! Gawd, whoever has a yellow is doomed!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yea I went to Lexus Carlsbad originally but all they had was the SBM with Ivory. That was back in July I had to wait 3 weeks to get one from Lexus Kearny Mesa. I have had my 1K and 5K done at Kearny Mesa and there service was excellent. I will avoid Lexus Carlsbad if they are that bad

Speaking of CHP's I was almost pulled over by one this morning in Encinitas area. Me and a GS 300 and a Jagaur type S were doing like 90 in the fast lane when we noticed a CHP creep'n up behind a big rig. It was really wierd because he threw on his lights in front of the GS and started swerving between lanes like he was trying to trap us all in and then he got off the freeway
maybe he was just trying to slow us down.

------------------
SBM/BLK Leather

·
Registered
71 Posts
Originally posted by BLUEBYU:
Yea I went to Lexus Carlsbad originally but all they had was the SBM with Ivory. That was back in July I had to wait 3 weeks to get one from Lexus Kearny Mesa. I have had my 1K and 5K done at Kearny Mesa and there service was excellent. I will avoid Lexus Carlsbad if they are that bad

Speaking of CHP's I was almost pulled over by one this morning in Encinitas area. Me and a GS 300 and a Jagaur type S were doing like 90 in the fast lane when we noticed a CHP creep'n up behind a big rig. It was really wierd because he threw on his lights in front of the GS and started swerving between lanes like he was trying to trap us all in and then he got off the freeway
maybe he was just trying to slow us down.

I would be [email protected]#@tin bricks if that would of happened to me...it seems kind of funny though.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Originally posted by gmej:
I've seen more and more IS's in San Diego lately. Just saw a brand new SBM in Penasquitos and a brand new white one in Mira Mesa (I think that makes at least 4 in Mira Mesa). I was just curious to see how many SD IS owners post here and what part of town your in.
I like the post you set up gmej, so that every one can get to know people around san diego county and north county with IS's...

·
Registered
15 Posts
I live in Rancho Sante Fe and have a black/black with chrome stock rims and "tit" tent.

------------------
Loaded Black/Black IS300

[This message has been edited by Trance2Trip (edited November 28, 2000).]

·
Registered
21 Posts
MKAUFMAN,
THANKS FOR THE COMPLIMENT. I WAITED 3 MONTHS TO GET THE LSD EQUIPPED IS 300. HAD TO HAVE IT. I'M GETTING THE TRD SUPERCHARGER WHEN IT COMES OUT. GOT MY RIDE AT KEARNY LEXUS. OUTSTANDING CUSTOMER SERVICE. ALL SAN DIEGO IS OWNERS SHOULD GET TOGETHER AND GO CRUISIN SOME TIME. I WOULDN'T MIND CRUISIN ON PCH ON A SUNDAY AFTERNOON OR SOMETHING.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Originally posted by BLACK_IS 300:
MKAUFMAN,
THANKS FOR THE COMPLIMENT. I WAITED 3 MONTHS TO GET THE LSD EQUIPPED IS 300. HAD TO HAVE IT. I'M GETTING THE TRD SUPERCHARGER WHEN IT COMES OUT. GOT MY RIDE AT KEARNY LEXUS. OUTSTANDING CUSTOMER SERVICE. ALL SAN DIEGO IS OWNERS SHOULD GET TOGETHER AND GO CRUISIN SOME TIME. I WOULDN'T MIND CRUISIN ON PCH ON A SUNDAY AFTERNOON OR SOMETHING.
Who is your service advisor at Kearny? Have you asked them about the TRD S/C yet? Just wondering what there opinion is on the S/C.

Yea we should all get together and cruise PCH from O'side to SD. I have to do it soon though I am moving to Vegas in a month

------------------
SBM/BLK Leather

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the response everyone, that's a chit load of IS's in Mira Mesa, Miramar, and La Jolla alone! Green one's in Mira Mesa?!? I honestly didn't think there was that many around. It seems ISers aren't the type for rallying together and forming a club but if there was any place to start one, SD would be a good place.

By the way, here's where I've seen other IS's:

PQ: New SBM on Salmon River Rd
Mira Mesa: New white one turning onto Parkdale.
Chula Vista/Bonita: Silver on the 54, SBM on H, AS on H, Silver at the Costco on H
Mid City: SBM on Friars, white with chromes at SD unified school district offices

I'm the one in the stock Silver! See you folks on the road!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts