Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think we should post where we are likely to see police/chp hang out and hide. I have been commuting alot recently and noticed these hangouts. I recently got a ticket and didnt feel like doing the traffic school thing so i gave "Mr. Ticket" a call and sent him my case with 99$. i wll let you guys know how that turned out in a couple of months.

*Heres a few right off the top of head*

1. 15 South from the 163 split all the way to 8- I see cops there everyday-most of the time they are motorcycles. They usually hang out in the center divide near the carpool lanes.(very hard to see)
2. 163 south near the Mesa College exit, usually hang out under the overpass off to the side(almost hidden in shade or dark)
3. (I got busted here a few weeks ago coming back from Irvine)5 South just as you reach OceanSide, CHPs are parked on the overpasses and radio the CHP sitting on the side of the road, people are usually going 80+ here since there were no on/offramps from the previous 10+-Miles.

*Please add to the list and I will update it*

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
this is more up in escondido but where the 15 hits the 78 mainly southbound
there is ALWAYS at least 4 or 5 cops scattered across the freeway
i can guarantee if your speeding you will get a ticket

ive had plenty of family and friends get pulled over there

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
this is more up in escondido but where the 15 hits the 78 mainly southbound
there is ALWAYS at least 4 or 5 cops scattered across the freeway
i can guarantee if your speeding you will get a ticket

ive had plenty of family and friends get pulled over there
Ya they can get you from a lot of angles there. Thats why I always take it slow through there because there are so many on and off ramps in at that one area.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
A bit north of SD but when youre leaving up through Temecula, just passing Temecula at Temescal Canyon road. As you come over that crest, CHP love to hang out there. Both my roommate and I have been snagged there.

·
Registered
853 Posts
If your in mira mesa and your heading the back way to get to sorrento valley or get on the I-5S once you pass camino santa fe theyre all over that road, i see them picking off a lot of people as theyre coming down the hill entering the valley before the train tracks

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
1. 15 South from the 163 split all the way to 8- I see cops there everyday-most of the time they are motorcycles. They usually hang out in the center divide near the carpool lanes.(very hard to see)
2. 163 south near the Mesa College exit, usually hang out under the overpass off to the side(almost hidden in shade or dark)
3. (I got busted here a few weeks ago coming back from Irvine)5 South just as you reach OceanSide, CHPs are parked on the overpasses and radio the CHP sitting on the side of the road, people are usually going 80+ here since there were no on/offramps from the previous 10+-Miles.
4. Scripps Ranch Blvd (passing my Lake Mira Mar) sometimes I see cops hanging around the bend going down/uphill right by that little park that overlooks the lake. This is usually around 9 or 10 in the am.
5. Although not recently on the 163 north going up hill near Fashion Valley I scene cops parked on the north bound on ramp looking for people speeding up the 163 as you really don't spot them until you pass the overpass for the 8 and friars road. By then it's to late if your speeding.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
since theres no riverside county on here and someone posted a temecula i got a good one

in murrieta
on the freeway under the murrieta hot spring overpass
24/7 there will always be a cops hiding under the bridge either back or car
every day i drive pass it i always slow down wen im comign up cus there is always a cop there and always people pulled over its the hottest spot around here

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
all along the 56, either hiding in the tall weeds in the center divide, or behind bridges
damn. beat me to it! and they use lidar too. i saw one up ON the overpass shooting Ka one time. i think it was the exit just after Camino del Sur if you are heading west just after you come down the hill. they also hide on that emergency pulloff part on the side of the road. gotta love the blinder and V1 ;)

·
Registered
533 Posts
Never speed through Poway.. Cops have nothing else to do out there but ticket people.

BTW Mikee, out of 3 tickets I sent to Mr. Ticket, he got me out of two of them. They were all speeding. My buddy on the other hand was 0 for 2. My other friend had a bigger issue cuz I guess he didn't show up to court for her and she ended up getting fined even more.. GL though

Reactions: mikeeymikee

·
Registered
346 Posts
1) A cop always hangs out right where the carpool lane ends, on the I-15, just before the Clairemont Mesa Boulevard exit. I advise you to go 70mph or less when you are near that area and stay off the fast lane, because cops in motorcycles always are idle there and yes, they are VERY hard to see because you do not expect a cop to be posting up at the end of the carpool lane, credit to MikeeyMikee
2) In Mira Mesa, when you go down Camino Santa Fe, to get to the I-5, there are speed-o-meters everywhere and cops hang out near the park area (there is only 1 park area on that long road). They are hiding near residential areas or that park area.
3) Pacific Beach, right off the I-5, when you hit Grand Ave. If you decide to make a right and hit the residential area, where all the bumps are, BEWARE of the LAST STOP SIGN! If you do not stop behind it or just make a quick right turn, 2-3 cops stationed around the corner to bust easy ones.
4) Linda Vista, on Linda Vista Road, when you just pass Kearny High school, DO NOT speed above 45mph or do anything stupid. Not the Mesa college area, as MikeeyMikee stated, but they are hding behind this alley physically ON Linda Vista Road. So if you exit the 163 south onto Mesa College and decide to make a left, do not break any laws because there is police hiding behind an alley just passed Kearny Mesa High.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
keep them coming, better weather is here. that means more chps on motorcyles.

found another 15 north, right as you come down the hill towards the 8, motorcyle cops sit in the center divide behind the median.

hey gocar- my court date is on 4/1, ill let you know what happens

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
theres one on Genesse going south (going downhill) before you pass University High School on your left 2 Motorcycle cops and the dude that jumps out in the middle of the road to pull you over.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Once in a while, there is a cop waiting for you under the bridge of route 76 overpass or right after the north county border patrol inspection area.:cool:

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Another one on surface streets in Carlsbad. Coming down Poinsettia west toward the freeway, early in the morning, a cop on a motorcycle hides in the shadows on the center median just before Batiquitos Drive.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Anyone noticing a ridiculous amount of cops around lately? I know its the end of the month and all but its really bad right now. At least 2 or 3 seem to be on every corner. I had some dick cop riding my ass for while today trying to entice me to speed up. He would then speed up and get along side me, starte at me when we were stopped, and then get back behind me once the light turned green.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts