Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gonna go and get some times with the SRT Intake & Race ECU on 1/24/04 @ Carlsbad Raceway. Anyone interested on going? I'm going with some friends from work, it will be the same guys I went with late last year. 2003 V-6 6-spd Accord (14.6), 2003 RSX-S (15.2) and me 2001 Auto (15.1)
These guys should be there, but if not I'll be as well as a 2001 5-speed Stratrus R/T.
-Races start @ 11am, I'll only run until 1pm. Its not a grudge match or run, just want to see the difference with the SRT Intake. Pre-numbers before F/I.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
horrible..
the SRT must have given a HP increase as I noticed I was getting wheel spin up the ying yang and I'm NA. The ESK wasdefinately (sp?) noticable in the e-shift mode. But freakin' Carlsbad was lagging in beginning rusn. Normally they start @ 11am, they didn't start til 12pm and it started to sprinkle. My best time before it started to come down was, :pissed: 15.3 :pissed:
I only got 3 runs and I was fighting to control my wheel spin. I could have let air out but it was getting more and more frustrated. I spoke to some other guys there and they said the track wasn't in that great a condition since it rained thurs and friday. I didn't see water on the track but the 'old schoolers' said the oil is there and they were getting traction problems as well. I might, might go back on a very sunny weekend and try again as I missed my desired time of 15.0.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.