Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Longo Lexus today (our family's ES300 needed service), and the salesdude said the 2002's are waiting at the dock. But then again, this is from a salesguy. Someone want to go to Long Beach and check it out?

·
Registered
463 Posts
I went to Longo Lexus (someone stole the emblem off the back of his Ultra-Luxury LS430
) and so I asked the guy about the 2002's and he said he only knew as much as we do, but he did mention that they would be around in probably a couple of months

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
my dealer said he doesn't know pricing or anything about when they are coming in?

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
These 2002's might just be demo models for the dealerships.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I’ve talked to a guy at Sewell Lexus, in Fort Worth, he said they know absolutely NOTHING about the 2002 model! Kinda sad if you ask me, with a month or so before the release… He did mention that Speed Vision had a 2002 IS300 on the other night. Does anybody know what was he talking about?

[ July 09, 2001: Message edited by: Gennady ]

·
Mod er 8 er
608 Posts
I've heard they won't be at the dealerships until the very end of August. Plus, they always send one early, but just for show.
It's good to be back

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
uhhhh, that sucks! thanks for the reply

Originally posted by LexusIS886:
My salesdude in Md says September of 2001.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Originally posted by mojorising:
gennady-

SV did have both models on the show. The manual and the wagon
What show was that? Can you be a little bit more specific? I'd love to see what they had to say about it.

I hope it wasn’t the Motor Trend TV. They are so biased!!! They had a comparison test between Corvette Z06, BMW M3, and Boxster-S on the last show. Corvette ended up winning in every category, from acceleration, to slalom, to breaking (among others). BMW even placed last on the skid-pad comparison. STILL they gave the win to BMW! Ridiculous!

Peace.

G.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
what is SV ?

Originally posted by mojorising:
gennady-

SV did have both models on the show. The manual and the wagon

·
Registered
306 Posts
According to the Lexus website, both the manual and SportCross will be available in August. Doesn't say when in August though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts