Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first report has returned from L.A. and it comes from Joel who attended the Saleen press conference at which the company unveiled its Sport Truck S331. The F-150 features Ford’s 5.4L SOHC V8 and a unique, patented high-flow Saleen Series VI integrated twin-screw supercharger, which enables the motor to produce 450 hp and a monster 500 lb-ft of torque. A non-S/C version will also be available that will make 325 hp and 400 lb-ft of torque.

Read on for more pics and info on Saleen's super truck...
In addition to the engine treatment, the S331 gets twin side pipes, a Racecraft suspension with linear-rate coil-overs around the company’s N2 shocks, a tubular anti-roll stabilizing bar and urethane pivot bushings. Those wheels measure 23 inches in diameter and feature seven fat spokes.

Inside the S331 Saleen has wrapped the seats in double-sticch leather and thrown in race-style pedals, integrated silver panels and bezels, as well as a twin-gauge pod display above the center console.

With no SVT Lightning on dealer lots at the moment, this looks to be the only Blue Oval-badged performance pickup able to take a Dodge Ram SRT-10 to task. Saleen says it will come with a 3-year, 36,000-mile warranty and list in the high $30K range for the NA version and high $40K for the supercharged version.

·
Garage Pit Crew Chief
5,631 Posts
hahaha..nice copy-paste from Autoblog there Imprimis ;)

I believe that was posted there earlier this week. You may want to mention that its a direct copy paste though.. websites dont like it when you directly lift material without referencing them.... :)

I personally didnt care about another souped up F150 which is why I didnt post it here.....

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
amitkc said:
hahaha..nice copy-paste from Autoblog there Imprimis ;)

I believe that was posted there earlier this week. You may want to mention that its a direct copy paste though.. websites dont like it when you directly lift material without referencing them.... :)

I personally didnt care about another souped up F150 which is why I didnt post it here.....

^

Actually I copied it off of another local site I was on www.kcsr.org they have a section like the garage over there so yeah :lol:

·
Whatever they say I am...
2,700 Posts
Here I dug the article and pics....Ford needs to do this.....Remember this????? Why even make a Saleen concept and put this on the back burner :suspiciou

SVT LIGHTNING CONCEPT TAKES DETROIT SHOW BY STORM

Ford’s bold vision for a third-generation SVT F-150 Lightning sport truck emerged from a powerful new-product cloudburst at Detroit’s 2003 North American International Auto Show, highlighted by the unveiling of the all-new 2004 Ford F-150 pickup.

The SVT Lightning Concept proved a surprise reveal during the official launch of the redesigned F-Series – star of Ford Motor Company’s biggest-ever wave of new-product introductions at the dawn of its Centennial year. Thousands of auto writers from around the globe assembled at the NAIAS to witness a “Whole New Era of Built Ford Tough,” in which the revamped full-size F-150 made its world debut with all-new architecture designed for more power, added refinement and unprecedented driving dynamics. But few expected that the Ford Special Vehicle Team would be ready to show off its next-generation Lightning Concept based on the next F-150.

“We are excited about the new F-150, because it will provide an outstanding platform for the next-generation Lightning,” said Tom Scarpello, Ford SVT sales and marketing manager. “The SVT F-150 Lightning Concept hints at what we could do with Lightning and sends a signal that we don’t intend to give up our sport truck dominance.”

The Lightning Concept features an aggressive new look wrapped around a 500-horsepower supercharged 5.4-liter V8, six-speed manual transmission and independent rear suspension. Advances built into the upcoming F-150, together with new SVT powertrain technology and SVT’s own brand of handling-oriented suspension and braking engineering, offer a level of performance aimed squarely at assuring Lightning’s market supremacy well into the future.

Since it was introduced in 1993, the Ford SVT F-150 Lightning has been the undisputed sport truck king, making a name for itself as the “World’s Fastest Production Pickup.” A decade later, as Ford SVT celebrates its 10th anniversary of building factory produced high-performance cars and trucks for the driving enthusiast, competitors are finally bringing Lightning imitators to market. Yet SVT Director John Coletti welcomes the challenge.

“It will be nice to finally have a little cross-town rivalry,” Coletti said. “But we have no intention of being overshadowed on our home turf. The SVT Lightning Concept showcases technology we’re developing to meet the competition head-on.”

·
Registered
19,476 Posts

Price: $45,000
Miles Per Gallon: 10/15 mpg
Curb Weight: 5000 lbs
Layout: Front-Engine/RWD
Transmission: 6-Speed Manual
Type: V10
Displacement: 8285 cc
Horsepower: 500 bhp @ 5600 rpm
Torque: 525 lb-ft @ 4200 rpm
Redline: 6000 rpm
0-60 mph: 4.9 sec
0-100 mph: 11.9 sec
Quarter Mile: 13.6 sec @ 105 mph
Skidpad: .86g
Top Speed: 153 mph

This thing is C55/M3 fast and it's a full sized pick-up

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
GutterMouth said:
this is one really clean and nice looking engine bay

·
Deus Vult
7,023 Posts
EricK said:
Sorta.... To pick up some ass...
Eric...
I would have to agree and disagree. Some of the hotter looking women wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the performance trucks and the regular line models.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
NMOne said:
I would have to agree and disagree. Some of the hotter looking women wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the performance trucks and the regular line models.

I'm simply going by the intentions of the buyers....
Eric...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts