Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buddy of mine just installed a SAFCII in his car (lexus IS300). I know a thing or two about honduh's :lol: but when it comes to lexus's I am still learning lol. Either way, what type of sensors does the car use? I know its a 6 cylinder and the arrow needs to go up to the right. What about airflow? Karman? etc.
Thanks in advance....
PS. I have been hearing this is a good mod for the money. We are taking the car to the dyno next week to tune, any suggestions to where I should start?
EVIL

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
do a search for specifics

it uses a hotwire sensor

-gte

EVIL DOHC TUNING said:
Buddy of mine just installed a SAFCII in his car (lexus IS300). I know a thing or two about honduh's :lol: but when it comes to lexus's I am still learning lol. Either way, what type of sensors does the car use? I know its a 6 cylinder and the arrow needs to go up to the right. What about airflow? Karman? etc.
Thanks in advance....
PS. I have been hearing this is a good mod for the money. We are taking the car to the dyno next week to tune, any suggestions to where I should start?
EVIL

·
Nygmatic
2,683 Posts
its hotwire sensor.

dont forget to do the Knock monitor calibration.

if you are running any sort of intake it would be wise to lean it out a little. how much... you'll need a dyno for that.

·
Nygmatic
2,683 Posts
its not necessary, but its a good tuning guide and a good guage to have. do you know why you purchased the SAFCII versus the I version?

more Ne points
Knock sensor monitor
smaller size

that's the only differences that i can think of on the top of my head.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts