Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive had my SAFC tuned and in for about 3 weeks but just recently my car seems not as quick as it usually is. When the safc was working good and i was on the highway going around 70, let off and get back on the throttle it wouldnt make the little PUH noise that resembled a backfire. Now the car is doing it again and the car just doesnt feel as fast as it did. This all happened one morning when i was driving to school, the night before that it was fine. I tried resetting the ECU and it is still the same, i also pulled the codes and all im getting is for the bank 2 sensor since i have no cats. BTW i reset the ECU using the fuse method, is it better to do the terminal? Also my throttle settings are 10% low and 50% high, should i change the high throttle and make it say 60 or 70 or even higher? Sensor settings are hotwire 4 in 4 out. I also then tried setting all value to zero and seeing if it runs different and i couldnt tell a difference. Any recommendation? The SAFC still shows that its correcting.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
do you have an A/F gauge? i run something called an MRF Black Box which keeps the ECU from "re-learning." i think what's happening is that the ECU is adjusting itself over time to your afc and that's why it's returning to this place. i have cams and cam gear which you don't BUT my "hi setting in the throttle point" is set at 85. my lo setting is also at 10. from what i've been told you will have to continually tune the afc. good luck.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do you have an A/F gauge? i run something called an MRF Black Box which keeps the ECU from "re-learning." i think what's happening is that the ECU is adjusting itself over time to your afc and that's why it's returning to this place. i have cams and cam gear which you don't BUT my "hi setting in the throttle point" is set at 85. my lo setting is also at 10. from what i've been told you will have to continually tune the afc. good luck.
I think im gonna go to the place that tuned it to see if i can use their wideband real quick for a fee and just do a run and see what im pulling. Should i just reset the ECU again? I found a black box but its for a 2001. Im just gonna have to talk to the owner and see what he thinks about it.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I think im gonna go to the place that tuned it to see if i can use their wideband real quick for a fee and just do a run and see what im pulling. Should i just reset the ECU again? I found a black box but its for a 2001. Im just gonna have to talk to the owner and see what he thinks about it.

You could reset it. Don't think it would do anything. Make sure you write down all the settings when they tune your car. Your afc might be losing the settings too.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You could reset it. Don't think it would do anything. Make sure you write down all the settings when they tune your car. Your afc might be losing the settings too.
I forgot, the safc has 2 maps. Now im gonna drive with the untuned map then switch to the tuned and see what happens. A lot easier then resetting everything to zero and putting the values all in.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I tried a few different settings for hi and it was still the same. Seems like it may be running a bit better but im just gonna take the car in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.