Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,

just wandering if it was normal for the safc to run pretty warm while driving....even if i'm only driving 15 minutes or so....

also, i still plan on taking my car to lexus for scheduled maintenance...should i be taking out the safc b4 going in (or disengaging it)? or should i just leave it and hope they dont mess w/ it.....thanks in advance!

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
wtf?

....are you using an infared pyrometer, and pointing it at the afc? if so what temp are you seeing?

-gte

rnrstar said:
hello,

just wandering if it was normal for the safc to run pretty warm while driving....even if i'm only driving 15 minutes or so....

also, i still plan on taking my car to lexus for scheduled maintenance...should i be taking out the safc b4 going in (or disengaging it)? or should i just leave it and hope they dont mess w/ it.....thanks in advance!

·
Registered
234 Posts
it gets a little warm yes. If I were taking my car in I would probably stuff it in the glove box or under the dash where it isn't visible. Then they can't even see anything or say something about it.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
IS300GTE said:
wtf?

....are you using an infared pyrometer, and pointing it at the afc? if so what temp are you seeing?

-gte

rnrstar said:
hello,

sorry, there might be some confusion in my post....i mean the little computer readout box inside the car...the actual box gets pretty hot even with 10-15 minutes drive time....feels like when you stick something in the microwave for awhile...just want to see if it was normal or not....

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
yes, it is normal for the electronic box to get warm to the touch, since its an electrical item, and it has that large display, expect it to be semi warm. if it is getting too hot to touch, or to lay your fingers on for a few seconds, something probably isn't right, otherwise it is fine.

as for the warranty, don't let it be seen, as Moboost said

-gte

rnrstar said:
sorry, there might be some confusion in my post....i mean the little computer readout box inside the car...the actual box gets pretty hot even with 10-15 minutes drive time....feels like when you stick something in the microwave for awhile...just want to see if it was normal or not....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
IS300GTE
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing