Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This morning I am driving to work, I was about 2 miles into the commute and for a brief second was looking at my rear view mirror to see this dude in an Audi ride very close to me. AS soon as I look forward their was a goose I clipped on my driver side front bumper.

No to access the damage I pull over thinking hmm maybe the plastic is pushed in or if I am lucky just bird guts and blood. But no what I find:

the dam bumper sliced up around the foglight are by the goose's claw and under the foglight cracked. The way the damage looks is like if you put a compass off center to the foglight and draw a circle. The line that would form with the compass replace it with the crack done to the bumper.

So now I have my girls father in the auto body business: Will the bumper need to be replaced or can it be fixed? I am almost positive it is the latter.

You see that I am pushing it in with my finger:

Check this out not me the bumper. :lol: Boy does Zaino have some crazy reflection...

last but not least cracked right below the fog light. Sorry so blurry but will do...

I will have pics up when I get home from work...

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
good excuse for the begining of a kit :cool:

or mold a simple lip.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
badxIS300 said:
good excuse for the begining of a kit :cool:

or mold a simple lip.
LOLOL I had a full Arms Design Kit on the car and the front lip was ripped off from driving in a rain storm.

I am in the process of lowering it and have intentions of adding a different front lip and sideskirts and keeping the arms rear on. Right now I may just fix it as the bumper needed it after the lip was removed. The lip gave it some damage when it came off but not as noticable as this dam goose

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Damn Ant, that sucks, you've had bad luck with your car lately. Hope the damage isnt too bad, I'm curious to see the pics.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damage could be worse, I am lucky it is only bumper damage and I don't have to replace anything else like foglights even though I didn't check if it worked after I hit the goose. Will have to make a note to do so.

As far as damage it is mostly cracked no dented plastic or anything... I will take pics of it.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
*cough* new front bumper *cough*

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[QUOTE='03IntensaBlueBeast]*cough* new front bumper *cough*[/QUOTE]

JR!

Do you mean *cough* new stock front bumper*cough*

or

*cough* aftermarket bumper*cough*

:lol:

·
Garage Pit Crew Chief
5,631 Posts
umm goose for dinner.

" roadkill cafe - you kill it, we grill it "

:fool:

go aftermarket.

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
Did you hear a scream after you clipped the goose ???
....................."AFLAC" ...................

Sorry I couldn't resist!!! :)

Better this way.. you might have created more damage if you would have tried to avoid it... .. maybe?

But all jokes aside, if your girls father does good work he should be able to repair the cracks.. Otherwise it might be cheaper to replace the bumper ... some shops charge more for repair/labor & paint as opposed to replace & paint..

Looks like you'll be getting a discount either way.

Don't even bother making a claim with insurance... :cool:

Joe Z :bigSmile:

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Sure, blame CANADIAN geese!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts