Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
unfortunately for me, i live in california, the western region that gets jacked when it comes to the IS. i really love the black interior, but i also love the LSD. should i just get the ivory so i can get the LSD, or do u think the LSD is not as substantial as to playing a role in me getting a black interior? thanks in advance.

mike

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Common question/problem...

If you wait they _might_ change the "western region standard builds" and bring in some LD option on the LS package cars (black interior with limited slip).

You could also try to find the car you want in another region (Texas for example), and fly out there, buy your car, and drive it back. The California dealers probably hope that you will buy the LP package, or at least be willing to buy an LS equipped car and forgo the LD.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
driving back sounds like fun. a good way to break in the engine. but i don't think its worth it to fly out there and hope to find one. i'd rather just settle for a LS w/o the LD. would be fun though to have the best of btoh worlds. you would think out of all the states in the US, that CA would be the one most catered to in terms of options. hmmmm..

mike

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
I travel to CA on business and pleasure probably 2-4 times a year. You can get American Airlines netsavers for $189 RT from SF to Dallas at least once a month. Also, I'm flying Continental for less than $250 after taxes in a couple months. The drive back would be fun and I have done that drive to LA and SF from Houston and Dallas. It would make for a fun story and you won't be disappointed with the drive.

·
Registered
994 Posts
You can always order it from either Texas or Washington and either drive it back or get it trucked to you. I'm not sure if Seattle will bargain, but Texas seems willing to cut down a few hundred off MSRP, which could cover most of the trucking costs.

--k

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
chiem
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing