Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
watch out for them potholes!

Sacramento Roads Among Worst In Nation

Bad roads are costing you hundreds of dollars each year and a report just released today says Sacramento is among the top ten worst in the nation.

TRIP, a national transportation research group, says 23% of the nation's road are in poor condition.

The wear and tear on cars caused by the roads is costing the average urban driver $413 extra each year to maintain their car.

Sacramento comes in number eight in the list of the cities with the worst road conditions with 46% of our interstates, freeways and other critical roads in bad shape.

Here are the top five cities:

1. Los Angeles
2. San Francisco
3. Honolulu
4. San Jose
5. San Diego

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
I'd believe it... and with all the rain we've had this winter it's gotten worse.

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
:) :) :)

That poll is downright hilarious. I've been to all of those cities (excluding L.A. and Honolulu) and let me tell you - - they don't hold a candle to New Orleans.

Some of these potholes can fit SUVs.... dead serious.

Hell, I drive around Sac-town at least once a year - the roads there seem ideal. If you guys saw our roads, you would never consider driving your Lex down here - unless of course it was a GX470.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Same here....Reno gets screwed on the road repair funds because Vegas gets all of the money....:( I'm constantly swerving around the road all day long..LOL NO JOKE!!!!

·
Registered
329 Posts
California own me two pieces of rims......bent two already in San Francisco.....

Reactions: altezzagita

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I was pretty happy with the road in Sac when I moved up here. They are a lot better than when I came from.

Reactions: altezzagita

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
4/5

Go California! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
California own me two pieces of rims......bent two already in San Francisco.....
Keep an eye on that tire pressure Edwin, especially when there is a big temperature change. The colder it is outside the less tire pressure your going to have. I learned on my last set of rims, bent them so bad the beed would not hold. I’ve had my 19’s since 04 and not a bend yet. I check my tire pressure every 3-4 days and adjust accordingly, even if it’s only 2lbs.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Keep an eye on that tire pressure Edwin, especially when there is a big temperature change. The colder it is outside the less tire pressure your going to have. I learned on my last set of rims, bent them so bad the beed would not hold. I’ve had my 19’s since 04 and not a bend yet. I check my tire pressure every 3-4 days and adjust accordingly, even if it’s only 2lbs.
So how many psi ar you runing on now? I am running 34psi all around on my 18" 215/40/18 Front and 235/40/18 Rear, Any suggestion?

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
So how many psi ar you runing on now? I am running 34psi all around on my 18" 215/40/18 Front and 235/40/18 Rear, Any suggestion?
I check my tires in the AM before I go to work because that is the coldest its going to be outside when I drive. I keep it at 37psi but when the temp heats up my psi goes up as well. I also have a lot less tire than you have so I would think your safe at 34psi. Just make sure its not 70 degrees out when your at 34psi and then you drive when its 30 degrees because your tire pressure is going to drop in the cooler temperature.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts