Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you heard any more news about the hopefully soon to come IS300 type R? If it did actually come out that would be awesome!

BTW: what's a good site to find pics and info on the new M3?

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
www.bmwusa.com might be a good place to start..
i dont' know what they're doing with the type r since they're getting a new bodystyle..i was under te impression taht type r would become type s to match the rest of the acura line...

·
Registered
816 Posts
Originally posted by mrclam:
i was under te impression taht type r would become type s to match the rest of the acura line...
He means the Altezza Type R, in Lexus IS300 form. Yes, Toyota has a "Type R" badged car in Japan. Yes, it's derivative.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Originally posted by mrclam:
chrome shadow = 15000 paint job plus maintenance
Wait a minute what the hell are you talking about? a paint job costing 15 grand? In Yen or Peso's maybe...

Most paintjob's I'm familiar run 1.5 to 5 grand for the most extensive with several coats of paint (metallic flake even) and tons of clearcoats on top of that... at MOST 5 grand.

If BMW was manufacturing a car with a 15 grand paintjob, I would sure hope it be an option (as most of bimmer's things are options, like a battery, windows, doors, a steering wheel, and engine...
That's BMW)

I thought Roger was just talking about the Rims, which have the same look as the M5s' (which I've heard are Shadow Chromed)

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
no....i know a guy who touched up the paint on his hood and roof and that cost him 1500 alone....a good paint job will run 3-5k. chrome shadow is NOT a production color...its a showroom color, and it IS 15k plus heavy maintenance. it was decided to not be practical, but it looks so good they put it on a showroom car..

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Is it me or does the new M3 seem a bit soft in the inside? I like the way the M coupe and roaster and the E36 M3 interior were setup, just look like it means business. This M3's interior just doesn't look as mean and aggressive as the other M's. Maybe they want to appeal to a broader market? The AMG crowd?
If they have put that silver on the IS, I would have pick the silver over my black for sure.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Hmm.. I like my silver. However, I wouldn't mind having that chrome shadow thing-a-ma-jig either.

Is it just me, or does anyone else feel that the new M3 has a certain "pimp" quality to the way it looks ? Kind of like that red fixed up Altezza that someone posted a picture to a while ago.

--k

1 - 13 of 13 Posts