Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
As an owner of three IS300s. I have the configuration you seek. No sunroof, manual, cloth seats, LSD, but with manual transmission. I had tan interior on my first IS300 as it was the best available at the time with only 48k miles. Otherwise, black interior is my preferred. However, the upgraded leather option is terrible in this car. You slide around too much when trying to drive this car spirited. If you cannot find cloth/manual seats, then the suede/leather combo is the next best thing in my opinion.

As for darker housing inside the headlight. I believe the 2005 had dark housing as mine did. While older years required having the "sportdesign" configuration to get this darker housing color. You can always paint and refurbish the oem ones to achieve this. The aftermarket do look good for this car but in matters of light output, they suck. OEM assembly is the best. Last time I checked, the dealer wanted over $1000 for each sport design headlight. Crazy, since a local auto lighting shop can refinish oem units for $450-$500 depending on paint finish.

I too am actually, looking for a clean, low mileage IS300 but the sportcross variant to have as a daily. My current IS300, I want to go full track setup. Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
i think im gunna pick it up tomorow ill post some pics soon if I do... I think the 01's seem to be the best year!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
yeah baby - no sun roof cloth seats!!!, something my s2k dosent have torque, if i step on it from a stop the tires chirp, that is on basic tires however, seems like you have to stay on the gas to keep it in first otherwise it shifts to second pretty quickly.. I'm sure that's a trait of these autos (why cant e-shift keep it in first, any work around?) having fun so far tomorrows its first bath.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
So one of the first things I wanted to do, probably with all the used cars i acquire that i care about at least (87 gti, 03 s2000, 01 is300 so far). Is to clean under the wiper cowl, just a nice thorough cleaning and if its clogged would prevent water issues...

it wasn't very dirty for a 18 year old car, doubt it had ever come off before, maybe if the windshield was replaced doesn't seem like it though.

this car keeps impressing me

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
So it cleaned up nicely the only bummer is the rubber pieces on the sides are a little old and have shrunk does anyone have part numbers, i cant find them on "my L parts" or anywhere else. You might have to buy the whole cowl to get them but even then it doesnt depict that.
These 2 pics are just for reference and not mine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Can you post a pic of what the #5 part looks like in your car? I might be missing that piece!

Btw, I had an AP1 for about 5 years before selling it. Unfortunately, had to get rid of it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Looks like it’s about $20 for anyone else looking for this fender seal:

53866-53010 / Fender Seal
Fender Seal, RIGHT

53867-53010 / Fender Seal
Fender Seal, LEFT

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Anybody know why the power steering line runs below in front of the radiator/ac condenser.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
So the front rebar has big enough holes so it can slide back and forth about a 1/4 inch. My question is should i tighten the bolts up with it pushed all the way back. Or should I pull it all the way forward?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
he 6 bolts are tight, they attached the rebar to the frame (3 on each side). The two bolts on each side are where the movement is.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts