Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Earth Art by NASA. These images are taken from satellites of different landscapes across our planet.

I've selected my favorites for your viewing pleasure, but more can be seen at, http://landsat.gsfc.nasa.gov/earthasart/

The images on their website are quite larger, and even make great wallpapers. NASA even has prints available for $30.

You are all very welcome.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Trovador said:
Ruiner said:
Its amazing how some of those macro landscapes look so similar to micro analysis of rock samples using a polarizing microscope.
hmmmmm...
:shame: Don't pretend like you know Mr. Trov. I can see right thru you :p

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
If you think about it, it's similar to a fractal, the macro representing the micro. The landsat basically splits the incoming electromagnetic radiation into wavelength "bands". This is similar the way a polarizing microscope analyses rock samples. After all, a mountain is made up of individual rock types.

Hmmmm...

·
Chocolate Goodness
34,363 Posts
fugazi787 said:
Trovador said:
Ruiner said:
Its amazing how some of those macro landscapes look so similar to micro analysis of rock samples using a polarizing microscope.
hmmmmm...
:shame: Don't pretend like you know Mr. Trov. I can see right thru you :p
Actually, when I don't have a clue what someone is talking about, I just say "hmmmmm", touch my chin with my thumb and index finger and nod my head with my eyes semi-clinched. It got me through high-school, an Engineering degree and a dual-concentration MBA. Try it, makes you look smarter.

Seriously, I've had some experience with regular microscopes, and some environments in the celular level have some resemblence to these pictures.

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
Aubie83 said:
I have a damn clue what yall are talking about :-?
Does that mean you know, or don't?

I think he's just stumped himself, laying more credit to the theory that he's dotNet's biggest active dolt and that his woman is all smoke an mirrors. :chill:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
6 Participants
s0yb0mb
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing