Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Planing on getting s-techs and wondered if Tokico Illuminas or Koni adjustibles (yellow, I think) are a better match for S-Techs.

Also, will I be expecting any rubbing with 225/45/18 on 18"x7.5 with this drop? Any shaving required?

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Damn, you haven't gotten response yet? I have S-Techs w/Bilstein shocks... They're nice but a little too soft for me (after 2.5 yrs later) -- IMO, I'd go w/the Koni Adjustables... I'd also do 225/40s... I have 18 x 8.5s w/225/40s and I don't rub except very slightly up front when I'm turning wide in reverse. Also depends on the offsets of your wheels too.

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
s techs arn't that good, get eib or hr springs on koni yellow adjustable, best street/track setup ever

·
Registered
910 Posts
I have the S-tech with Koni Yellow shocks combo and I'm thrilled with em. I have them on the med. setting and it drives almost like stock when it comes to road absorbtion and way better that stock when it comes to turning and handling. Costs around $600 bucks for Koni's , which isn't a bad price. Here is the link to the thread I made with some pics of the drop...

http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=269881

P.S. I acually raised the front 0.5' because it was lower than the rear. That's another cool thing about Koni's they are 2-way adjustable. Now the drop is perfectly even front and back.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Orangetang21 said:
I have the S-tech with Koni Yellow shocks combo and I'm thrilled with em. I have them on the med. setting and it drives almost like stock when it comes to road absorbtion and way better that stock when it comes to turning and handling. Costs around $600 bucks for Koni's , which isn't a bad price. Here is the link to the thread I made with some pics of the drop...

http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=269881

P.S. I acually raised the front 0.5' because it was lower than the rear. That's another cool thing about Koni's they are 2-way adjustable. Now the drop is perfectly even front and back.

found it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts