Hi, I was wondering where to get S or H tech springs for
a '98 SXE10 Altezza. I went to the Tein Global Site, and they
quoted me around $550 shipped. So any other places I can
get these? :) Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Where are you located? There's plenty of internet sites you can buy springs from that will ship internationally like Nengun Performance, RHDJapan, JPS etc
Hey bro, thanks for the sites :) I will get back to you on the prices to ship these. Located in Toronto, Canada

Edited:

Negun Performance:

Tein S Tech (SXE10): US$ 257.00 // Shipped to Toronto: US$451.00
Tein H Tech (SXE10): N/A

JPS:

They don't even have tein springs

RHD:

They have tein springs, but it seems universal :|.. Hmm, I don't know about that.

FMI!: Also, JCE10 and SXE10 have the same springs? Type? dimensions? Spring rate? :S. If that is so, then the IS300 springs should fit the RS200?

·
Registered
21 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Something is alarming in the spring rates between the SXE10 and the JCE10.
The Stech for the SXE10 is 5.5 and 4.4 (kg/mm), while the JCE10 is 4.9 and 3.8 (kg/mm)... Should I be concerned? :S I am guessing both of them are on the soft setting. So does anyone know why the numbers are different?! And why on earth is the RS200 have a much more reinforced setup? 5.5 vs 4.9?

Flea bay is okay, just if I was reassured that the JCE10 Springs will fit the SXE10 with no problems whatsoever, Ill go with them. thanks :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Anyone know the answer to the questions ^^ ?

Or in simpler language. JCE10 (IS300) Lowering springs will fit the SXE10(RS200)? without issues? Oh and does anyone know stock spring rates of both the IS300 and the RS200/Altezza?

Thank you :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
From memory stock SXE10 springs are 5 kg.m front & rear

Looking at the TRD catalogue & there are different part numbers for sportivo springs for the SXE10 & JCE10
Would probably be best if you could get SXE10 springs in that case

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
From memory stock SXE10 springs are 5 kg.m front & rear

Looking at the TRD catalogue & there are different part numbers for sportivo springs for the SXE10 & JCE10
Would probably be best if you could get SXE10 springs in that case
Agreed, but being close to JCE10 parts all the time, tempting to just buy the JCE10 part and try it out lol, which is exactly what I did :p Bought the Tanabe NF210 springs yesterday, should be shipped by mid-monday. Its 5.2kg/mm at the front and 4.1kg/mm at the back. If those numbers are correct 5 and 5 for the SXE10, then the Tanabe for the JCE10 should fit the SXE10 without issues :)

Plus: I would love parts which are designed to go on the SXE10, but shipping to CAN frm JP/AU, is just a pain and too much $$. Thanks for the spring rates :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Very nice. I've got Tanabe springs in mine as well. Hope they fit okay.

You should get a Tanabe rear sway bar to match. I've got one on my eBay watch list. Still works out about NZ$200 cheaper than buying it locally even with freight from the US.
Front & rear strut braces are worth getting as well.

Have you signed up to the Altezza club yet? You can get cheap parts shipped overseas from a guy on there who works for a Toyota dealer if you ever need anything that is SXE10 specific.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Very nice. I've got Tanabe springs in mine as well. Hope they fit okay.

You should get a Tanabe rear sway bar to match. I've got one on my eBay watch list. Still works out about NZ$200 cheaper than buying it locally even with freight from the US.
Front & rear strut braces are worth getting as well.

Have you signed up to the Altezza club yet? You can get cheap parts shipped overseas from a guy on there who works for a Toyota dealer if you ever need anything that is SXE10 specific.
Yeah Ill get the sway bar with the struts as well from Tanabe :) As far as the registration, I have already done so. Thanks for the site again.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts