Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am getting a s/c soon, and i can only have 3 gauges. the reason i can only get 3 is because i have the trd gauge pod. i need the ones that will help me out the most.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Dont get boost unless you just wanna watch it. You know with a supercharger the boost doesnt move. So, get EGT, Fuel Pressure, and Oil Temp. or Tranny temp.

·
Mr. Negative
12,388 Posts
a poll won't work for this question since it only lets you vote on one thing.

I got boost, egt, and oil temp. I also have a wideband a/f unit. An a/f guage is totally worthless. The boost is good so you know exactly what's going on and for future upgrades. Tranny temp isn't too important unless you race a lot. Oil pressure is ok IMO. Fuel pressure is good too.

IMO the order of importance are.
1. EGT
2. Boost
3(t). Oil Temp
3(t). Fuel Pressure
5. Water Temp
6. Oil pressure
7. Tranny temp
distant 8th. a/f meter.

of course a Wideband a/f unit is more valuable than all, but only when tuning and changing things. If you're not tuning don't worry about it.

The fuel pressure gauge you can get later and put it under the hood, it doesn't have to be inside. It's good to debug problems and help inform you if you're running out of fuel w/ your setup. If you are going with a kit and don't plan on tuning it yourself I wouldn't get a fuel pressure gauge though. Boost is good so you know what's going on and it moves contrary to what aubie thinks.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
IS_Dude said:
a poll won't work for this question since it only lets you vote on one thing.

I got boost, egt, and oil temp. I also have a wideband a/f unit. An a/f guage is totally worthless. The boost is good so you know exactly what's going on and for future upgrades. Tranny temp isn't too important unless you race a lot. Oil pressure is ok IMO. Fuel pressure is good too.

IMO the order of importance are.
1. EGT
2. Boost
3(t). Oil Temp
3(t). Fuel Pressure
5. Water Temp
6. Oil pressure
7. Tranny temp
distant 8th. a/f meter.

of course a Wideband a/f unit is more valuable than all, but only when tuning and changing things. If you're not tuning don't worry about it.

The fuel pressure gauge you can get later and put it under the hood, it doesn't have to be inside. It's good to debug problems and help inform you if you're running out of fuel w/ your setup. If you are going with a kit and don't plan on tuning it yourself I wouldn't get a fuel pressure gauge though. Boost is good so you know what's going on and it moves contrary to what aubie thinks.

thanks is_dude

·
Registered
60 Posts
Aubie83 said:
Dont get boost unless you just wanna watch it. You know with a supercharger the boost doesnt move. So, get EGT, Fuel Pressure, and Oil Temp. or Tranny tem

So? All you do with your gas gauge is "just watch it" A boost gauge would be useful to make sure there is no leak in the line.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Maximus said:
Aubie83 said:
Dont get boost unless you just wanna watch it. You know with a supercharger the boost doesnt move. So, get EGT, Fuel Pressure, and Oil Temp. or Tranny tem

So? All you do with your gas gauge is "just watch it" A boost gauge would be useful to make sure there is no leak in the line.
So would a vacuum gauge. :roll:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts