Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone please post the wiring diagrams on how to install the safc2 for an 01 auto?
and just a few quick questions: all of the wires are going to be used besides the blue, pink and orange ones, correct?
and also, where do you guys find the wiring hole between the engine firewall to route the wires from the ecu to the inside passenger cabinet (app. the space under the raido)
thank you very much for helping.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
885 Posts
Have u tried to search coz i remeber several posts with the wiring diagram for 01's
As for the cable thing, there is a grommet on the drivers side. Cut a hole in it to get the cable through the firewall and route it behind the dash to the glovebox.
Easy peasy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes i did search. however, i don't think the wiring diagram has instructions on where all of the safc wires go....
does anyone have a complete diagram for 01 autos?

also, i heard some people were able to route the cables without cutting anything. does anyone have a specific picture of where should the cables be routed?
thanks for helping!
 

·
Am I Hype-R???
Joined
·
13,617 Posts
easiest way to find a "hole" for routing is to go into the engine bay and look to see where there's exsisting wires going from the bay into the car. usually through a rubber "gromet"...

we used to use a clothes hanger (undone to get it straight of course) or a seperate metal wire from home electrical conduit...then we use some really good black electrical tape and tape the wire we're running onto the metal "wire" or clothes hanger and fish it through the hole. if you use some grease, it'll go in fairly smoothly. don't poke it in TOO hard or you might rupture some other wires or even a hose. some people like to sharpen the "wire" first...it's basically the same concept as sewing...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
HyperMKIV said:
easiest way to find a "hole" for routing is to go into the engine bay and look to see where there's exsisting wires going from the bay into the car. usually through a rubber "gromet"...

we used to use a clothes hanger (undone to get it straight of course) or a seperate metal wire from home electrical conduit...then we use some really good black electrical tape and tape the wire we're running onto the metal "wire" or clothes hanger and fish it through the hole. if you use some grease, it'll go in fairly smoothly. don't poke it in TOO hard or you might rupture some other wires or even a hose. some people like to sharpen the "wire" first...it's basically the same concept as sewing...
thanks for the tip. i will try it when i go home today.
does anyone else have any other methods on how to fit the wires through the rubber thing?
 

·
Podiatrist
Joined
·
22,260 Posts
blueMM said:
does anyone else have any other methods on how to fit the wires through the rubber thing?
I'll be honest here.

If you can't get the wires through the grommet, I would be very hesitant to do the work yourself.

Cut a slit in the grommet with an xacto and shove the wires through?

And the wiring diagram should be almost identical to the SRT intake diagram. Find that. Do a search and you'll find both the AFC diagram and SRT instructions.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SophieSleeps said:
I'll be honest here.

If you can't get the wires through the grommet, I would be very hesitant to do the work yourself.

Cut a slit in the grommet with an xacto and shove the wires through?

And the wiring diagram should be almost identical to the SRT intake diagram. Find that. Do a search and you'll find both the AFC diagram and SRT instructions.
Thanks for the tips.
You are right about the similarity between the SRT and SAFC2 diagram. I actually just spoke with Chuck (customer service rep?) from A'PEXi and was able to get good wiring explanation on MY2001 wiring. The SRT ecu has a slightly different wiring with the afc.
Anyway, if any 01 owners are interested, I can scan the diagram and email it to you.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top