Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...I have the SRT intake with piggyback ecu...I was planning to add the XERD headers...I know SRT hace ecu's programmed to work with the toyomoto headers, but i was wondering if anyone knows FOR SURE whether the the Apexi S-AFC can be used in addition to the SRT ecu to account for the headers, or if it will replace it since they kind of serve the same purpose?? OR, should i just get the toyomoto-programmed SRT ECU and purchase the toyomoto headers???

·
Registered
387 Posts
If you go with the Apexi safc you will not need the piggyback from srt for your intake. The safc takes the place of your piggyback ecu. If you do not want to go to the safc, I would imagine that if you got the XERD header when it is made available, that you could use the toyomoto header programmed piggyback.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok...i'll give SRT a call and get the "header programmed" ecu and see if it works with the XERD headers when they're available.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Decided to go with the toyomoto headers...You guys think i should go with the SRT header-programmed ECU or take out the SRT ECU and replace it with an S-AFC???

·
Registered
131 Posts
If you take out the SRT ECU and replace it with a S-AFC, dont you think that you should of gone and bought a diffrent, less expensive air intake? I thought the advantage of the SRT intake WAS the piggyback ECU.

I was interested in the SRT but I wanted to get a S-AFC. Since the SRT's advantage IMO was the piggyback ECU (which took the place of the S-AFC) I am deciding to go with another intake. Could someone tell me which intake is a significant alternative to the SRT. I want a Intake that has the best hp gains (besides the SRT). When I purchase the Intake I will, at the same time buy an S-FAC, and later purchace the Xerd race pipe/header combo. Could someone PLEASE let me know of an Intake cabable of meeting my needs, that wont trigger ANY CEL's.

thankyou!

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
nitrois300 said:
If you take out the SRT ECU and replace it with a S-AFC, dont you think that you should of gone and bought a diffrent, less expensive air intake? I thought the advantage of the SRT intake WAS the piggyback ECU.

I was interested in the SRT but I wanted to get a S-AFC. Since the SRT's advantage IMO was the piggyback ECU (which took the place of the S-AFC) I am deciding to go with another intake. Could someone tell me which intake is a significant alternative to the SRT. I want a Intake that has the best hp gains (besides the SRT). When I purchase the Intake I will, at the same time buy an S-FAC, and later purchace the Xerd race pipe/header combo. Could someone PLEASE let me know of an Intake cabable of meeting my needs, that wont trigger ANY CEL's.

thankyou!
I personally think the ProLexPerformance Silent Flow Intake is the thing for you...no CEL's and it looks pretty close to stock..its a good price...(200 in the Group Buy forum) and it sounds nice...

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nitrois300 said:

thankyou!
I probably should have, but i didnt know that tuning the ECU was such a hastle. The S-AFC is more adjustable for future mods and the SRT is still a sweet intake!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Wow im an idiot, thanks for the infromation! Does the PLP come with a piggy back ecu, like the SRT intake. Would it be a good idea to buy a S-AFC controller along with the PLP intake.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
ImpulseXvX said:
Oh..it also has a gain of 8 rwhp and torque w/o an S-AFC..on an 02 Auto.
The intake he has on it now dyno'd at 17 rwhp. So he should throw the SRT that he paid over $500 for in the trash, then spend another $200 to make less horsepower?

Great answer.

Spend $100 on the SRT header ECU if you are done with mods. If not, get the S-AFC. Keep in mind, with the S-AFC you also need to go have it tuned. You can't just plug it in like the piggyback ECU.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I was planning on getting the Air filter, S-AFC, and exaust system as my first upgrades. And I would later on get Xerd Headers and Race pipe. Do you think I should get everything listed above first, then get the S-AFC after?

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
ATLDave said:
ImpulseXvX said:
Oh..it also has a gain of 8 rwhp and torque w/o an S-AFC..on an 02 Auto.
The intake he has on it now dyno'd at 17 rwhp. So he should throw the SRT that he paid over $500 for in the trash, then spend another $200 to make less horsepower?

Great answer.

Spend $100 on the SRT header ECU if you are done with mods. If not, get the S-AFC. Keep in mind, with the S-AFC you also need to go have it tuned. You can't just plug it in like the piggyback ECU.
Maybe if u read who I WAS REPLYING too..he doesn't HAVE an Intake yet ya moron..he was wondering about them...

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
nitrois300 said:
I was planning on getting the Air filter, S-AFC, and exaust system as my first upgrades. And I would later on get Xerd Headers and Race pipe. Do you think I should get everything listed above first, then get the S-AFC after?

You can get the S-AFC now and have it all tuned unless you're gonna get the Headers and the racepipe shortly...

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
ImpulseXvX said:
nitrois300 said:

thankyou!
I personally think the ProLexPerformance Silent Flow Intake is the thing for you...no CEL's and it looks pretty close to stock..its a good price...(200 in the Group Buy forum) and it sounds nice...
Do you understand that Dave? or do you want me to spell it out for ya AGAIN?

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
ImpulseXvX said:
ImpulseXvX said:
nitrois300 said:

thankyou!
Do you understand that Dave? or do you want me to spell it out for ya AGAIN?
Please go back to the very first line of the very first post. If that's too difficult for you I'll paste it here:

"Ok...I have the SRT intake with piggyback ecu..."

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
ATLDave said:
Please go back to the very first line of the very first post. If that's too difficult for you I'll paste it here:

"Ok...I have the SRT intake with piggyback ecu..."
And was the first post MADE by the person I quoted? nitrois300

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
6 Participants
ImpulseXvX
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing