Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, just wondering if any1 would be awesome enough to give me to their s-afc code with a setup similar to mine.

Bomz shortram intake, hp headers, hp y pipe, greddy evo exhaust, apexi s-afc.

from there bigdaddyrich will finetune it, but i just need the basemap. Thanks

+rep to any1 that could lend some advice

also would it need to be re-tuned with nitrous..im assuming so
so if any1 is running nitrous if i could get your codes also that would be great. Thanks again

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
lo throttle 10/ hi throttle 70
throttle point 4000 rpms lo/ 4000 rpm hi

Reactions: Romyo247

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was looking for something like this...

Throttle Lo - 25% Throttle Hi - 50%

Hi Setting:
3500rpm +5
4000rpm +1
4500rpm -2
5000rpm -3
5500rpm -3
6000rpm -2
6500rpm -1
7000rpm 0

Lo Setting:
3500rpm -2
4000rpm +1
4500rpm +2
5000rpm +2
5500rpm +2
6000rpm +3
6500rpm +2
7000rpm +2

·
Not Officially Back
12,742 Posts
High throttle 90%

Low settings all 0

High settings... meh. -11/12% across the board, but the low RPM point was ~3500

That was on a car with K&N intake, header, Ypipe, borla catback exhaust, cam gear.

Tuned it to around 13.7-9:1

If BDR is gonna fine tune it just have him do the whole thing... if you can't tune an SAFC in 3 pulls you don't need to be tuning anything. ;)

·
Registered
411 Posts
Agreed there thanks for the tuning help Das. :) And helping with the other project.

Reactions: Romyo247

·
Not Officially Back
12,742 Posts
Romyo247 said:
sounds good thanks guys

Keep in mind, I never recommend just plugging in a "base" map without knowing whats going on in the car... for all we know the above settings could make you run 15:1.

If BDR is going to tune it and he has a wideband... just wait for that.

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah...from what he said he just needs the basemap and he could tune it from there...i guess he has a wideband then?

·
Not Officially Back
12,742 Posts
Romyo247 said:
yeah...from what he said he just needs the basemap and he could tune it from there...i guess he has a wideband then?

No offense to BDR... but if he said he needs a "basemap" for an SAFC... don't let him tune your car.

The car is already running rich OEM... like 12.0:1 or 12.5:1. You just need to remove 5% at a time until you get close to 14... It's not like without a basemap you're going to not be able to start the motor... or be running 18:1 or something.

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i guess getting the codes from a setup similar to mine would just make the job easier for him. He's doing me a favor so i want to do as much as i can.

Now with nitrous what should be done to the safc?

·
Not Officially Back
12,742 Posts
Romyo247 said:
well i guess getting the codes from a setup similar to mine would just make the job easier for him. He's doing me a favor so i want to do as much as i can.

Now with nitrous what should be done to the safc?

Not running the nitrous with the SAFC.

I'd really recommend an emanage or splitsecond FTC1 if you're going to go nitrous... you NEED the ability to retard the timing when on the spray.

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well the guys on this site, what do they use to run the nitrous on? is it unsafe to run with an s-afc because it seems pretty common with nitrous users

·
Not Officially Back
12,742 Posts
Romyo247 said:
well the guys on this site, what do they use to run the nitrous on? is it unsafe to run with an s-afc because it seems pretty common with nitrous users

Personally, I'd only run it with something I could retard timing with. I'm sure other people have run it with stock timing... but thats your decision.

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
at first i saw retard and though u were calling me stupid lol...

well i wasnt really looking to get too serious with the mods..trying to change as little as possible, what could be the problems i would run into running nitrous on an s-afc

·
Not Officially Back
12,742 Posts
Romyo247 said:
at first i saw retard and though u were calling me stupid lol...

well i wasnt really looking to get too serious with the mods..trying to change as little as possible, what could be the problems i would run into running nitrous on an s-afc

Blown motor.

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
dasgalloway said:
Blown motor.
so nothing serious?

jp..but is that really a serious possibility or just something that could happen...i mean im not going to be abusing it by any means but can the motor go that easy. ill try and do a little more research but from the ppl ive talk to with nitrous they dont see any problems with the safc...im torn :confused:

·
Not Officially Back
12,742 Posts
Romyo247 said:
so nothing serious?

jp..but is that really a serious possibility or just something that could happen...i mean im not going to be abusing it by any means but can the motor go that easy. ill try and do a little more research but from the ppl ive talk to with nitrous they dont see any problems with the safc...im torn:confused:

Yes, that is really a serious possibility. Hopefully it never happens... but all it takes is one time to cost you an arm and a leg. Nitrous is a serious modification... with serious consequences if something goes wrong... just like boost.

·
Apricot idea killer
18,211 Posts
^^just to supplement what Das mentioned before about the difference b/t exhaust and ignition timing - the safc does NOT have the capabilities to manipulate ignition timing (unless there's some method i don't know about) - something like the emanage does have the capability to change ignition timing. Im assuming you've figured out not to throw in a cam gear here! lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts