Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know difficulty level of installing the S-AFC? I am mostly worried about warranty and cutting wires, ect. I know with the SRT piggyback you need to solder and cut one wire. If I went with the apexi S-AFC i imagine there is soldering?? What about cutting wires? Anyone that has done this or knows for sure the installation process?

·
Registered
262 Posts
yes you have to cut a wire and tap into others. you don't have to solder it's just highly encouraged... highly.. :D
it's not hard if you've wired something before. and if you want a used one i have one for sale <--(plugged) 8)

·
Registered
262 Posts
i took it out of my car and it's sitting right next to me. you just have to bridge the cut wire and solder it back together.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmmm...since you are a fellow IS300er I would but I got an offer off ebay for one with everything including packaging for $160. I haven't talked to them yet but lemme check around. You got the instructions? receipt or packaging or all of it? and you know the numbers to tune it so i ain't gotta go to the dyno and spend 100 bucks? That is my main peeve, i don't want to pay 100 bucks to tune tha biotch

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you know anything about warranty stuff with this AFC and the intake together? wouldnt cutting and splicing into the ECU void waranty? I take the car in 10 days for its 30 day checkup so i will ask the guys there what up...hang on to the S-AFC for me, dont sell it!!! and gimme it cheaper!!! you looking for a pool stick i gotta nice one and want to get rid of it, I'll trade ya!

·
Registered
262 Posts
i have the instructions and if i can find the package you can have it the(same with the receipt)..
as for numbers, it depends on your mods, and to do it properly you need to tune on a dyno.

·
Registered
262 Posts
sexylexusflexs said:
you know anything about warranty stuff with this AFC and the intake together? wouldnt cutting and splicing into the ECU void waranty? I take the car in 10 days for its 30 day checkup so i will ask the guys there what up...hang on to the S-AFC for me, dont sell it!!! and gimme it cheaper!!! you looking for a pool stick i gotta nice one and want to get rid of it, I'll trade ya!
naa i don't need a pool stick.. altough i will trade for a toyomoto tubular turbo manifold :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts