Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those of you that have the S-AFC II, how do you like it? Is it worth buying if I only have an intake, cuz I'm not sure I want to do headers cuz of emissions testing. Also, will the unit fit inside the JDM altezza dash tray with the lid closed?? I want a stealth install. Thanks in advance for your help

·
Registered
219 Posts
don't know about fitting in the JDM dash spot but mine was worthy investment and fit perfect right under the trac button you will definately feel a difference in between an intake with one and one without

·
Nygmatic
2,683 Posts
mine is installed in the JDM tray. only problem is that i need to custom make a hinge so it can sit up. the APEX hinge does not fit in there. but the unit itself will fit laying down. ill post pics later.

·
Nygmatic
2,683 Posts
Zzzoom said:
Those of you that have the S-AFC II, how do you like it?
I'll let you know. I'm having one installed Monday.
where in SoCal are you located? i know someone who can isntall the SAFCII for a very good price. PM me if you are interested.

·
Registered
104 Posts
where in SoCal are you located? i know someone who can isntall the SAFCII for a very good price. PM me if you are interested.
Thanks for the tip. I've been scheduled at XS Engineering a few weeks now.

After I'm done there Monday afternoon, the car is going over to Millen Motorsports for painting and install on their RMM kit (w/o rear lip). Millen is only two blocks from XS Engineering believe it or not.

·
Nygmatic
2,683 Posts
Zzzoom said:
Thanks for the tip. I've been scheduled at XS Engineering a few weeks now.

After I'm done there Monday afternoon, the car is going over to Millen Motorsports for painting and install on their RMM kit (w/o rear lip). Millen is only two blocks from XS Engineering believe it or not.
how much is XS charging for the install. you can still go to XS for the dyno tune. but i can save you a bundle on their install. they charge upwards of 100 bucks right?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yup, but they are trained/certified by APEXi; one of only 5 places in the country. My car is brand new (1400 miles). A little extra money is worth it in case I have any problems.

·
Nygmatic
2,683 Posts
why would you pay extra for someone to do the same exact job that another can do for a cheaper price? all that is involved with SAFCII install is clipping, sautering and/or shrinkwrapping the wires together. i had mine installed and it looks like a million bucks. all the connections were shrink wrapped so its permanent. ive had my SAFCII since it came out in the US.

well if anyone else is interested in saving some money on purchasing a SAFCII and/or installing it... let me know.

·
Registered
8,552 Posts
I think if I'll get an S-AFC2 I'll mount it in the glovebox or something, I too want a stealth install. Must find a place to mount without anyone noticing :)

·
Nygmatic
2,683 Posts
Chan said:
I think if I'll get an S-AFC2 I'll mount it in the glovebox or something, I too want a stealth install. Must find a place to mount without anyone noticing :)
this is how i did mine. i installed it into the JDM box. i can flip down the AFC and it will close just fine.

·
Registered
904 Posts
That's brilliant! I think i will put my rsm in there. Where do the wires go? Did u have to drill a hole in the dashtry box?

Oh, and what does the custom hinge u used look like?

And finally, can u still fit sunnies in there? :crazy:

Thanks, sorry for all the questions

·
Nygmatic
2,683 Posts
Chan said:
Well you see, the JDM box is like $120 isn't it? I don't want to spend anymore than $20 :p
unless you plan on extending the harness then you probably wont be able to make it to the glovebox. it was already a stretch making it halfway across the car. remember ECU is on drivers side towards the front of the car.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts