Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed my S-afc last night, but couldnt figure out how to get the wire harness into the car. I know there is a rubber circular opening that a tubing with wires inside goes into the car, but i can not use that because it is sealed shut and the rubber won't budge, and there is a hole that leads into the fender i think....but i dont know how I would use that to get it into the car.....anybody know how to do this? If you can post please or call me and guide me through it.....(949)683-4346

·
Registered
908 Posts
I used a hanger (wire). untangled it, taped one end of the wires to the end of the wire with electric tape, used the other end of the wire to poke a hole thru that rubber, and pushed it through until it went in.

·
Registered
210 Posts
i have noticed on about 1/2 the IS that i look at, including mine. if you look from the engine side at that large wire harness the goes through the firewall on the drivers side, you will notice the large molded rubber gromet that all the factory wires run through. study the gromet. you might notice a small rubber tit that is to the lower driver door side just next to the main factory wire pass-thru. cut the end of of this tit and it is a secondary pass-thru that doesn't touch the main pass-thru.

this tit again is right next to the main wire pass-thru. it is about 2mm away from the main towards the driver door looking from the engine compartment.

this is how i ran mine.

EDIT: i forgot to mention that there is a thin rubber barrier that will need to be broken. so once you cut the end of the tit off you will need to force feed a probe thru to break the barrier. (a wire hanger is fine for this job.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts