Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else suffering from this problem?
What can we clean the calipers with they getting pretty nasty looking?

thanx.

Rich

·
Registered
83 Posts
Painting is just a temporary fix. Sratch the paint and you'll actually *accelerate* oxidation. I suggest anodization... someone has mentioned in a post nickel plating their calipers. This is a terrific solution and looks better than paint. Powder-coating is another option too if you want colors. Paint is just not durable enough, especially down in the wheel area where rocks and bits go flying all the time.

-Alt

------------------
Ashraf Shabudin / Ampman Audio Marketing Director, TeamAMP Director

·
Registered
653 Posts
I get embarassed that my baby is rusty.

------------------

2001 Lexus IS300
Black Onyx/Fully Equipped
Dont start none and there wont be none!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had the same problem with my first IS300 with the calipers. I don't have any problem with my second one, the calipers on our new IS seem to have a real nice green coating. Maybe they have realized this problem and have fixed it. I also have a different antenna on our new IS. As far as the brakes rusting, it seems to be a common problem. After sitting in the rain they look awful, but it rubs of after applying the brakes.
Chris
2001 Graphite Gray IS300
2001 Tacoma Doublecab Limited

·
Registered
154 Posts
I bringin this old thread back up because my brakes are Fukin rusting up. My pale green coating is withering away and showing rust.

Has anyone found a way to cover this crap up besides painting them?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm going to powdercoat my calipers next week and then have the hubs of my rotors painted. I'll post pictures before, during and after the ordeal.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I had the same problem, I took my car back to lexus and had them replace all 4 rotars, no problems since then, I sugest you all take your cars back to Lexus. I mean why not its covvered under waranty

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Graphite IS ... which dealer did you take your IS back to to have them change the rotors? I might do the same?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
10 Participants
BigDaddyRich
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing