Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else suffering from this problem?
What can we clean the calipers with they getting pretty nasty looking?

thanx.

Rich

·
Registered
83 Posts
Painting is just a temporary fix. Sratch the paint and you'll actually *accelerate* oxidation. I suggest anodization... someone has mentioned in a post nickel plating their calipers. This is a terrific solution and looks better than paint. Powder-coating is another option too if you want colors. Paint is just not durable enough, especially down in the wheel area where rocks and bits go flying all the time.

-Alt

------------------
Ashraf Shabudin / Ampman Audio Marketing Director, TeamAMP Director

·
Registered
653 Posts
I get embarassed that my baby is rusty.

------------------

2001 Lexus IS300
Black Onyx/Fully Equipped
Dont start none and there wont be none!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had the same problem with my first IS300 with the calipers. I don't have any problem with my second one, the calipers on our new IS seem to have a real nice green coating. Maybe they have realized this problem and have fixed it. I also have a different antenna on our new IS. As far as the brakes rusting, it seems to be a common problem. After sitting in the rain they look awful, but it rubs of after applying the brakes.
Chris
2001 Graphite Gray IS300
2001 Tacoma Doublecab Limited

·
Registered
154 Posts
I bringin this old thread back up because my brakes are Fukin rusting up. My pale green coating is withering away and showing rust.

Has anyone found a way to cover this crap up besides painting them?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm going to powdercoat my calipers next week and then have the hubs of my rotors painted. I'll post pictures before, during and after the ordeal.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I had the same problem, I took my car back to lexus and had them replace all 4 rotars, no problems since then, I sugest you all take your cars back to Lexus. I mean why not its covvered under waranty

1 - 11 of 11 Posts