Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HATE THAT RUST BUILD UP ON THE ROTORS!!1 :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: (i'm talking about on the side of the rotors not the actual surface itself) anyone know how to get rid of these? please help :whine:

·
Registered
888 Posts
I hear you man....it really pisses me off when I clean my rims and then all that rust and break dust gets back on my rims. I think you need to get rotors with zinc coated on them.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Well it's natural for stock rotors and brake disc to be rusted, there isn't anything we could do about it unless you could spray paint them but they tend to flake off.

-Ringo

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
coke? wouldn't the sugar kinda fuck it up more? hehehe sorry dunno.... so your saying buy new rotors that are zinc coated if i don't wan tthis to happen anymore? what type are good that don't warp easily... i know that cross dilled tend to warp easily (err easier) so what about the slotted ones???

thanks

·
Banned
538 Posts
Coke eats rust it's true :lol:

You also can use coca-cola to reuse your wipers so they wipe clean again (a body shop trick) Wipers never really wear out they just get dry!

·
Registered
565 Posts
take it to your dealers and they will paint it for free....colors to chose from ar eeither silver or black. They have done mine twice with no charge at all!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
is300sam.,.. they really do paint it for free??? hmmm good idea.... you know if longo lexus does this?

·
Registered
565 Posts
yeah they really do it. Part of the warranty is for corrosion and rust and thats what this is....so i thought i would ask them and sure enough....they did it for free....

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
IS300Sam said:
yeah they really do it. Part of the warranty is for corrosion and rust and thats what this is....so i thought i would ask them and sure enough....they did it for free....
hmmm i should do this :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts