Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here on the fourm ever run against the integra GSR or the 2006+ SI's or the RSX-S? How does an IS300 with bolt ons do against them, whether stock or bolt ons as well?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I ran against one in my S2k
It was a rather hard pull. I have yet to race my s2000 against either of my IS's (auto & manual) but I am pretty sure it would be pretty close for a GSR vs IS. As far as the RSX-s it would pull on an IS and I am confident the SI would as well.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I stayed with an si merging on highway, I feel like it would be a very boring race though. I'd like to see an si vs is300 on a track. Just my .02cents

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ran against the newer SI's at the track and wasn't really impressed with it. Might've just been the driver, but he was hitting 15.9 while I was hitting 15.1. That's why I was wondering how the others would do.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'd be surprised if an IS300 lost to an Integra GSR. Unless I'm completely mistaken, doesn't the GSR only have 170 hp and 127 ft/lb of torque? Granted, the GSR is a lot lighter, but still.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ran against 2 GSR already and took them by a car and a half to 2 cars. I'm still in the process of trying one of my buddy's RSX-S, hopefully I do well!

·
Technical Poseur
23,314 Posts
I'd be surprised if an IS300 lost to an Integra GSR. Unless I'm completely mistaken, doesn't the GSR only have 170 hp and 127 ft/lb of torque? Granted, the GSR is a lot lighter, but still.
They have a nearly identical power to weight ratio. Torque doesnt do you much good past first gear unless you start from a roll as well.

From there, when was the last time you saw an Integra getting raced that wasnt stripped down weight wise to some extent? I dont think I've ever actually seen a gutted IS that wasnt a dedicated drift car or drag racing car. People tend to leave them pretty well loaded with weight if they street drive them since you know, they have four doors and all.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Lots if Integras I see nowadays seem to have crazy body kits and other terrible non-performance "modifications". But I'll give you - 99% of them aren't GSRs.

With some bolt-ons and a good driver, I'd still put my money on the IS300. I'd think with a good launch and nearly 90 ft/lb of more torque, the IS should get a jump at the start. Plus, the GSR wont make peak power until way up in the powerband.

Now versus an Si, an Integra Type-R or a RSX Type-S.. thats a different story.

·
Technical Poseur
23,314 Posts
Who cares about "in the powerband" if the tires are slipping. Its irrelevant at that point. An Integra can probably spin them through first on a decent launch.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When I ran against my buddy's GSR, by second gear I was ahead by a door. By 3rd, He was a car and a half and still going behind as we went faster. Didn't believe I won so, I tried another GSR on the street and won still. I'm hoping I do well against my cousin's RSX since he said he wanted to try me now.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am assuming the Si was a pre 2000 model? Based off cluster. If your buddy has a standard RSX it will be close if it is a type S then no sir.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts