Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just curious how many of you guys took your spare tire out? and dose it make the car a bit faster? saving gas a little?

·
Registered
128 Posts
I took the spare outta my e36 325i as part of my ICE (in car entertainment) system. I was never more paranoid. Every long trip that I'd take I had the damn spare shoved in my back seat.

Also I believe that the spare tire is factored in when doing rear impact tests...

If you were planning this only for going to the strip or something then fine, otherwise I wouldn't recommend doing it...

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
I took mine out for my Sub enclosure...and just like the guy above I feel nervous when going on long road trips. I carry around a couple cans of fix a flat and an air pump just to be safe. No replacing the piece of mind you get when you actually have a full size spare though. :(

·
Registered
246 Posts
i cant have a spare because of my ice, and i would have to have 4 spares because my front tires are different size than rear, and my tires are directional, so its the fix-a-flat and air compressor(which is also great for rafts and balls too)

·
Registered
611 Posts
This a little off topic, but since I have a slight rub in the rear would I benefit from taking out the spare?

My wheels are staggered, plus Volk has different lugs than the stocks...I guess I should at least have a set of the stock lugs with me just in case.

And no, I don't have a sub in the rear...just for the ones who are wondering.

Isn't fix-a-flat not recommended for low profile tires? If they are then I'm getting a couple of cans tomorrow! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts