Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best way to run a RCA and power/ground wire through the seats to the headrests? Do I need to loosen up the seat cover or anything? I tried running a coat hanger down with the end bent over so I wouldn't poke through. Any suggestions from guys that have done it would be great.

·
Useless
5,346 Posts
NPB4ME said:
What is the best way to run a RCA and power/ground wire through the seats to the headrests? Do I need to loosen up the seat cover or anything? I tried running a coat hanger down with the end bent over so I wouldn't poke through. Any suggestions from guys that have done it would be great.
Its really easy to do. Remove the seat as it will save you a little headache. I am able to route the wires without the need to lossen anything up, but if you are having a difficult time the little cooper rings on the bottom can be undone to loosen the seat material up. If you struggle with the reinstall of the rings, use round style zip ties.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome, thanks. I ended up doing exactly what you said after I posted this. Thanks again.

·
Registered
311 Posts
How hard is it to remove the seat? I hate to bring up old posts...but did a search and this is exactly what I was going to ask. And do I remove the Headrest holders (plastic piece)?

~Shawn

1 - 4 of 4 Posts