Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well before we went to the track on sunday the wideband stopped working. U guessed it , the c16 i ran so much ate the o2 sensor. Just a little reminder for those runing race gas. Happened at the worst time but i trust peters tuning. Nothing bad happened but it is risky to be boosting high without a wideband. The wideband just stayed reading 14:0 a//f ratios when the sensor went. Be careful boost freaks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
243 Posts
Did you ever post your times? Sorry to thread jack.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,796 Posts
sup Ltunded N boosted!

how long would you say you ran your wideband with the C16? how long and how many gallons of c16?

oh yeah do you have an idea how the the wideband life expectancy is with regular driving? ( just gasoline)

thanks bro, i just ordered a wideband with my pfs kit, really curious :D

bet cha next time you gonna break into the low 10's, awesome ride bro

-peace
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
95 Posts
C16 is leaded, I hope you expected it to eat the sensor. You need to get 104 (c11 or c10) unleaded if you'd like to keep an O2 sensor.
 

·
Mr. Negative
Joined
·
11,977 Posts
On efisystems site they say up to 100k on unleaded and about 25k on leaded. your milage may vary of course.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,253 Posts
AltezzaPete said:
C16 is leaded, I hope you expected it to eat the sensor. You need to get 104 (c11 or c10) unleaded if you'd like to keep an O2 sensor.
That's not universally true.......Certain O2 Sensors have shown the ability to be run with Leaded gas and last a pretty long time.....A bunch of Supra guys have been through this...





Dan
02' MSM IS300
.....TOYOMOTO Built...
...BULLISH RACING Enhanced.....
.....TOYOMOTO & BULLISH RACING.....When you care enough to ONLY use the VERY BEST"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,796 Posts
is dude & dt1313 thanks bros

... ... the guys that are running widebands, do you guys use em for tuning purposes and take em out and use a stock 02 senor for daily driving? dumb question, but gotta ask . would be suprised if u just left em in though.

mahalos :D
 

·
Mr. Negative
Joined
·
11,977 Posts
goldznnz said:
is dude & dt1313 thanks bros

... ... the guys that are running widebands, do you guys use em for tuning purposes and take em out and use a stock 02 senor for daily driving? dumb question, but gotta ask . would be suprised if u just left em in though.

mahalos :D
I have a separate bung welded on my downpipe for the wideband. It's about 2 inches from the flange joining to the turbo.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,784 Posts
I leave my wideband in for daily driving- then again, I never use leaded gas, and my O2 sensor "claims" it will last 100K on unleaded gas- if it lasts 30k, I'll be happy. One sensor a year isn't too bad.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
goldznnz said:
sup Ltunded N boosted!

how long would you say you ran your wideband with the C16? how long and how many gallons of c16?

oh yeah do you have an idea how the the wideband life expectancy is with regular driving? ( just gasoline)

thanks bro, i just ordered a wideband with my pfs kit, really curious :D

bet cha next time you gonna break into the low 10's, awesome ride bro

-peace
I ran about 30 gallons of c16 on the sensor. Regular driving with pump gas will not ruin your o2 sensor you run with the wideband. Yea 10's are in store for 2004 :p Thanks for the compliments.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top