Lexus IS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you guys like your 6x9's "rear speakers" bumping with your subs? Are they any clear? Do they make any difference in the cabbin compared to the stock 6x9's? Im thinking about getting 6x9's but I have a feeling they won't do any good with my two 10 w7's... I plan to go all JL components.. any suggestions is greatly appreciated thanks

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
6X9's are overated...to me they just add unwanted noise...I put hex 6.5" components in my rear deck instead...sounds much better, I used to have JL 6X9...they sounded like poop

·
Registered
346 Posts
You're better off running 6.5 components all around if you want matching speakers. 6.5 components in the rear will leave a little extra space to allow the bass from the subs to flow into the cabin. Some believe that the rear speaker to be filler space and choose just to take them out. They use their front components as their front stage and the sub/s from the rear for the bass. Also if you do more research about component speakers most will tell you JL Audio is well known for their subs and amps, but not their component speakers. The higher end companies known for component speakers are: Focal, MB Quart, Diamond audio, and Boston Acoustics pro series. Good luck.

·
8,803 Posts
Do diamond audio. They sound great! You gotta have a good amount of power going to them though.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Which do you all perfer JL AUDIO XR 6.5 2 ways or BOSTON PROS 6.5 2 ways? Im new when it comes to inside speakers! Also I have 2 10 w7's in the trunk! Im looking for really goood nice clean sound inside the cabin!! I already have the subs that provide tons of BASSS!!! thanks guys =)

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Is3doublE0 said:
Which do you all perfer JL AUDIO XR 6.5 2 ways or BOSTON PROS 6.5 2 ways? Im new when it comes to inside speakers! Also I have 2 10 w7's in the trunk! Im looking for really goood nice clean sound inside the cabin!! I already have the subs that provide tons of BASSS!!! thanks guys =)
Let me guess, Tweeter? Try looking around at some independent stereo shops. Where in San Diego are you located? Try SoCal Custom in Encinitas http://www.socal-custom.com/. Talk to isBMR300 if you want to go there.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Is3doublE0 said:
It's been a running debate here about the JL w7's being overrated/overpriced....

Although a very good sub, there are many just as good, and some that are better, and most of them cost a WHOLE LOT LESS! It's people who are "new" to "inside speakers!" (whatever that means) who buy these speakers. In other words, they don't know any better and just want what they (or some person/salesperson telling them) think is the best.

XR 6.5s - a previous poster above already told you to stay away from JLs non -sub speakers (we all here pretty much agree with that recommendation).

Boston Pros sound good. I had them but upgraded to Focal's Kevlar series. They sound a bit warmer, better mids and better mid bass. Perhaps a bit too bright with their tweeters? While not being the most accurate tweeter, most people who don't realize what true hi-fidelity is prefer this type of exaggerated highs. They see it as being a more detailed and "crisp" tweeter. I see it as being too bright, having too much sibilance and, after extended listening, causing a bit of listener's fatigue. If you're into dance and rap, maybe that is preferable? Dynaudio I heard has a much better tweeter.

Stay away from JL (especially their non-subs speakers).

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There are other SUBS out there better than W7's really?? Hows the warranty?? Well 1st off I didnt wanna HALF STEP MY CUSTOM SYSTEM!! (installing the no namers) Knowing that I got a 35 grand car...I think its people who talk smack about w7 who can't afford them and have to pay their car bill.. Anyways I had to find out the HARD WAY about putting subs in the IS!! Noting hits like they should compare to other vehicles. This thread is about COMPONENTS so BOSTONS is the way to GO, HUH? Where did you guys mount your crossovers. Thanks Yall

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Is3doublE0 said:
There are other SUBS out there better than W7's really?? Hows the warranty?? Well 1st off I didnt wanna HALF STEP MY CUSTOM SYSTEM!! (installing the no namers) Knowing that I got a 35 grand car...I think its people who talk smack about w7 who can't afford them and have to pay their car bill.. Anyways I had to find out the HARD WAY about putting subs in the IS!! Noting hits like they should compare to other vehicles. This thread is about COMPONENTS so BOSTONS is the way to GO, HUH? Where did you guys mount your crossovers. Thanks Yall
I don't think you heard what people were saying. Boston's are okay, but you should look at other kinds of components, before deciding between a limitied choice of speakers. Try Focal, diamond audio, etc.. Try other stereo shops if hte one you are at only carries a crap ass selection.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Is3doublE0 said:
First, this thread of yours is NOT about "components" (which I did give you advice about anyways),but it is about 6X9s.
It is also about your subs (every post you made in this thread you write about them), to quote you again: "but I have a feeling they won't do any good with my two 10 w7's." If they won't do you any good, then why do you have the w7s? And lastly, you wrote: "any suggestions is greatly appreciated". Read you original post for this thread in case you've forgotten.

If you know so much, then why are you asking us questions?

Again, a number of remarks in this reply of yours shows your lack of car audio knowledge. That, and that you have a short temper.

To comment your points (which are very well taken I may add):

Better subs- In SQ -Bostons Pros (at more than half the price). Plus, I
only said "some that are better".

Warranty - Hyundai - 60/60K; 120/120K We all know what the IS300
has...Does that mean it is a better car than an IS??

"Half Step" - I didn't mean half the quality, I meant half the PRICE.

No Namers -So the names we gave out are no namers? Heard of Sony?
One of the BIGGEST names in audio. Why didn't you buy a
Sony sub instead? It's a MUCH BIGGER name brand.

Affordability - If we can dish out 30K for a car, I think we can all dish out a
few hundred $$ for a more expensive sub. But we don't,
because we don't fall into that game where >$ = > Better.

...I can go on and on and on and on..., but I am tired of arguing. I'm just a little pissed of with the direction the car audio industry is heading towards, and how some take advantage of naive consumers. I thought I was just giving some advice to the audio neophytes. I guess they win, I loose...

You are right. I am talking smack about the W7s (so I am sorry that I wrote that they are "a very good sub" :-? ). I don't know anything...

...except that the W7s are THEE BEST! Much better than my subs!! They are worth every penny! You have THEE very BEST subs!! Next year they are coming out with the WDeca (W10s) for $3,000 each. Don't forget to upgrade; bring your piggy bank!!

Peace.

·
Registered
526 Posts
LMAO, this thread is hilarious! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:D Thanks for spiting the knowledge petter kim! i mean peter klim - Ill let you have my w7 when those new jl's come out.

·
Useless
5,346 Posts
This thread has become useless so I must lock!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.