Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yes im stubborn and pushed the tire size just a little, im running the 19x8 moda r6 with 45 offset, i ran 235/35/19 all the way around, with an h&r drop, i rub a little in the rear but i know how to fix that it is the front im worried about, ive already heated the inner fends and molded themnow its just the top that is rubbing on bumps and turns. i have 2 ideas how to fix it but there maybe other ways i have not though of so your ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Option 1
take it to the alignmnet shop and get him to throw some negative camber into the mix, im not really worried with tire wear b/c ive had my car for a year and 2 months and only put 2k miles on it, so im not worried with tire wear, they will dry rot before they wear out.

Option 2
take the top part of the inner fender out(plastic liner) and grind the top 3/4 of the fender where the tire rubs

which would you do or recomend if this was yours?

·
Super Moderator
13,453 Posts
dont do option 2 i did that and put it back in really fast when i had my Axis Milanos on the car it was bad news super dirty.

and moda r6's???? nice choice ive always liked those cause the stock rims look sweet and they look alot like stock just bigger sizes

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
are you sure it's rubbing on the fender liner?

push up the top of the liner some more

roll the fender the rest of the way

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah it is not bad but it is, im going to fix the rear this afternoon and work with the front a little if i get a chance, took it to the alignment shop and he said bowing the tires in a little would not help, but i have to disagree b/c its only rubbing a little on the top, ill figure something out

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
typically i see a lot of rubbing issues in the front part of the fender liner... such as where those vents are, or sometimes there is rubbing along the fender liner clips...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts