Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey

I purchased some rubber mats at the Lexus Dealership, and they were black, now the front two mats fit great, but the ones in the rear did not fit very good at all, so i returned it.

They said it was for 02 IS300, and I have the 01 IS, but they are the same right?
If anyone here has 01 IS300, and they bought some mats from IRONTOAD.com, please tell me how they fit in the rear seat.
Thanks a lot

·
Registered
712 Posts
irontoad is the shit! I just bought a whole set for the front and back for $75

My fucking dealership wanted $213 for the same mats. :pissed: They are great mats and fit perfect. The 01 and 02 are the same! I think that guy at the dealership doesn't know what he is talking about or the mats he is selling are not OEM. :roll:

A big "L" on all the mats adds a nice touch to the cars interior :D

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey thanks for the feedbak, and noticed you have a 01, so thats nice to know as well...

Oh ya you got the rear mats too right????? Do they fit perfectly too??

Thanks

·
Registered
163 Posts
Just to throw something out there. I was in Costco and saw a set of front and rear mats for $20 so I thought that I would try them out. They fit pretty well and are super deep (hold 2 quarts of water). Its a much cheaper alternative to those $75 mats. I figure that my car already looks like crap all the time because of the snow and salt that I did not need to spend a lot of money buying mats that exactly fit and have the lexus logo. Bye the way, they are grey colored so would look fine on both interior colors.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
I have the stock ones and the back ones, dont fit perfect. The front ones fit great, how do the rubber ones look? :chill:

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
I did the Walmart special and got the pantsaver type. They fit decently. Cost about $30 total for all 4 mats. $30 is still expensive for 50 cents worth of rubber, but better than what Lexus wants.

·
Registered
463 Posts
can someone post pics of the black lexus mats? I just ordered the grey ones from irontoad...also can someone post pics of the irontoad mats?

·
Registered
712 Posts
I HOPE THIS INFO HELPS!!!! :D

There are 2 main mats that lexus sells for the IS.

1. Black Generic Floor Mats: These mats are from an aftermarket company ( 'WEATHERTECH' floor mats made by 'CANNON')
CANNON Mats - Available in black and have a red lining around them.
Most people opt to get these from the dealer because they fit 'ok' and the dealer prices them for around $50.00. They are deeper (2X to 3X as deep)in depth than the factory IS mats but I like the factory mats better because of the perfect fitmrnt they provide.

2. Factory IS300 Lexus Mats - These mats are made for the IS and have a factory fit inside the vehicle. They come in grey or brown. I personally wanted black but I settled for grey. The great thing is that the grey is pretty dark and almost looks black. Take a look at the pics below! They all have a big L in the middle of the mats and the drivers mat has a hole to secure it in place with the locking tab our cars already have. I took pictures of the mats with a flash and without so you can see what they look like in average daylight condition. I told you that they pretty much look black. As for pricing my dealership wanted $213 for the 4 piece set but irontoad ( basically a toyota dealership selling online ) had them for $75 shipped to my house. I got them within 48hrs and I love them!!!!

Wth FLASH

Without FLASH

I really wish a company called 'HUSKY LINERS' would make mats for the IS. I have them in my RX and love them. They are molded to the exact dimentions of the interior of the vehicle and have a .5 to 1" lip along the edges to keep crap inside the mats and off your car's floor. Here is a pic...

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
DAMN!!!!!! I wanted to order those mats from IRONTOAD.com BUT i dont think they ship to Canada.....

DOES anyone know of a compnay that i can order the same mats as IRONTOAD that ships to Canada????

Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Overcrook said:
DAMN!!!!!! I wanted to order those mats from IRONTOAD.com BUT i dont think they ship to Canada.....

DOES anyone know of a compnay that i can order the same mats as IRONTOAD that ships to Canada????

Thanks
When I ordered my mats from irontoad.com they really shipped from my dealer. You should check w/ irontoad but I think they just find a local dealer to send em to ya...

·
Registered
362 Posts
GreenLex said:
Just to throw something out there. I was in Costco and saw a set of front and rear mats for $20 so I thought that I would try them out. They fit pretty well and are super deep (hold 2 quarts of water). Its a much cheaper alternative to those $75 mats. I figure that my car already looks like crap all the time because of the snow and salt that I did not need to spend a lot of money buying mats that exactly fit and have the lexus logo. Bye the way, they are grey colored so would look fine on both interior colors.
Hey GreenLex can you post a pic? I bought some cheap rubber mats from wal-mart for $10, while they're suitable I really need something that entirely covers my floor. I ride horses and often drive to the stable in my car, and often I end up stepping in something quite undesirable. I just got back from my lesson today, and unfortunately I stepped in some horse crap without realizing it, I hafta go back out now and wipe off my gas and brake pedal! If riding boots weren't such a PITA to take off I'd switch out of them before getting back in the car. Might need to invest in some short riding boots to save my car...

·
Registered
712 Posts
Man, I like my allweather mats from irontoad so much that I have sold my factory mats on eBay

Peace to vacuuming, and hello to running the mats w/ a hose to clean them :)

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Conspiracy IS300 said:
I bought them and then I sold them because it didn't fit that good.
Oh man :( !! What do you mean they don't fit that good. I am so close to ordering these things. Can you please tell me what's wrong with them?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
About this Discussion
23 Replies
14 Participants
C-westin'FD
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing